Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Originally Posted by rombout View Post
    I got it to store the material and apply it again in both settings and refresh mode, shall i make pull request?
    Im not great at coding so perhaps it can use its own class or something. I just put in some variable like in the prior message. After some trials i got it to work.

Next step would be to be able to apply multiple materials to the component and also transfer these
    Thanks rombout for your contribution, I'll add to official release soon. Thank you

Regarding the bug with "Settings" operator I've noticed it, I'll fix it soon. At the moment you should delete the geometry ad do a new tessellation :P

I also created a very basic tutorial, soon a more advanced one with shape-keys explained

Thanks! I got most things working and understand them already. Just waiting for the dual-mesh part.

But do you need the code i added or are you redoing it the same way i did?

Thanks! I got most things working and understand them already. Just waiting for the dual-mesh part.

But do you need the code i added or are you redoing it the same way i did?
    this is the other video:

Regarding the code I'll probably add it in 3 or 4 days. I think that I can easily adapt your code. As you suggested I'll probably add in the future a direct connection with component materials. The thing is that each time that a map a new information, as materials, vertex groups, etc.. the tessellation get slower. But I agree that it can be useful, because you can also use materials for automatically select some parts.

Cheers
    Alessandro

Ok, it was more simple than I expected, I added the support for using component materials, please stress a bit the feature for see if it works

001 - materials.jpg

Seems to work like a charm, didnt get a error in 2.78a

PS thanks for the excellent tut as well. I know beter understand the dual-mesh, the name is a but misleading i guess. I thought it was making a mix between 2 shapes, that actually is the shape key function.
    Last edited by rombout; 08-May-17 at 19:40.

Seems to work like a charm, didnt get a error in 2.78a

PS thanks for the excellent tut as well. I know beter understand the dual-mesh, the name is a but misleading i guess. I thought it was making a mix between 2 shapes, that actually is the shape key function.
    Maybe you are right. The name is a bit technical and is not completely understandable for generic user. Polygonal mesh maybe is more easy to understand.

Well if im honest i had the same thing with the other namings, component is not clear when i also see base. First i though base is the shape. Perhaps BASE and SHAPE or PROXY is better, but i think its better to ask some other people as well. My first language isnt English so that could explain my thoughts.

Its just my quick thoughts about it, its up to you of course

Well if im honest i had the same thing with the other namings, component is not clear when i also see base. First i though base is the shape. Perhaps BASE and SHAPE or PROXY is better, but i think its better to ask some other people as well. My first language isnt English so that could explain my thoughts.

Its just my quick thoughts about it, its up to you of course
    I think that at some point I should make a survey for find the best naming for the operations and the objects :P

hi again, need some contact if we can clean up pep8 standards a little & format the props, should be good for 2.79
    Thanks.
    time is short!

Just a bump to let people know Tissue has been accepted into 2.79 release & in nightly builds now.
    Thanks to Alessandro for the great addon.

robwesseling
    Oh great !
    This is my favorite addon.
    Thanks!

Great job, very useful addon. Congrats!

Tissue v0.3 is out!

new features:

. Lattice Along Surface (works with different type of geometries)

003 - auto-lattice.jpg

. Vertex Group from Curvature (based on Dirty Vertex Colors approximation)

curvature_002.jpg

In addition, in this last version there is no more a Tissue panel, but the different tools can be found in the "Tools" and "Create" panels.

new panels.jpg

It seems that a lot of documentation must be done :P

hi, looking great!
    I'm really on a mission to keep addons somewhat clean/organized.
    With the multiple panels, i've merged into 2 panels as once you start enabling a few addons, the panels become quickly a long list.
    in release I've made a few changes.
    bug fix: unregister for lattice
    UI:
    Panel 1 in Tools: "Tissue Data Tools" includes Lattice/Data Convert
    Panel 2 in Create: "Tesselate/Dual" includes Tesselate/Dual
    Panels closed by default.

just a side note, ant landscape now has (in nightly builds) Weight from Slope function, it can work well with your Vertex Group tools.
    you might find that interesting.
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Meta-Androcto View Post
    hi, looking great!
    I'm really on a mission to keep addons somewhat clean/organized.
    With the multiple panels, i've merged into 2 panels as once you start enabling a few addons, the panels become quickly a long list.
    in release I've made a few changes.
    bug fix: unregister for lattice
    UI:
    Panel 1 in Tools: "Tissue Data Tools" includes Lattice/Data Convert
    Panel 2 in Create: "Tesselate/Dual" includes Tesselate/Dual
    Panels closed by default.

just a side note, ant landscape now has (in nightly builds) Weight from Slope function, it can work well with your Vertex Group tools.
    you might find that interesting.
    Thanks
    Thanks Meta-Androcto,
    you are totally right. Create panels for just one command can be a waste of space.
    I'm actually not completely sure about "Lattice Along Surface". I placed it in Tools, but it actually create a new lattice object according to other objects... The usage and the final effect is similar to Tesselate. What do you think about the following solution?

Panel 1 in Tools: "Tissue Data Tools" with Data Convert tools
    Panel 2 in Create: "Tissue" with "Tessellate", "Dual Mesh", "Lattice along Surface"

(using the Tissue name also create a connection between the two panels and with the add-on name)

Also a very stupid dilemma: should I use the orange icon for "lattice along surface" because I'm creating a new lattice, or the blue one because I'm creating also the modifier?

Thanks alessandro for your great addon.
    "A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher." Luke 6:40 (NKJV).
    HP EliteBook Workstation Intel i7 2760QM, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro 4000M, GTX 580
    Excuses me for my bad English, I'm French

Originally Posted by alessandrozompa View Post
    Thanks Meta-Androcto,
    you are totally right. Create panels for just one command can be a waste of space.
    I'm actually not completely sure about "Lattice Along Surface". I placed it in Tools, but it actually create a new lattice object according to other objects... The usage and the final effect is similar to Tesselate. What do you think about the following solution?

Panel 1 in Tools: "Tissue Data Tools" with Data Convert tools
    Panel 2 in Create: "Tissue" with "Tessellate", "Dual Mesh", "Lattice along Surface"

(using the Tissue name also create a connection between the two panels and with the add-on name)

Also a very stupid dilemma: should I use the orange icon for "lattice along surface" because I'm creating a new lattice, or the blue one because I'm creating also the modifier?
    Sounds good to me, at the end of the day, it's your addon, feel free to send me your fixes soon
    very very soon

Originally Posted by Meta-Androcto View Post
    Sounds good to me, at the end of the day, it's your addon, feel free to send me your fixes soon
    very very soon
    Done! I think that now it is ready, please give a check
    Many thanks for support

Sorry Meta-Androcto,
    I added new staff... :P

Harmonic Weight:
    curvature_003_harmonic.jpg
    (in the example is based on the object curvature)

UV to Mesh (preserve materials and vertex groups):
    uv to mesh materials.jpg
    uv to mesh weight.jpg

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast