Artloader | 2D Sketchbook

Hi everyone,

In my continuous quest to improve my art I thought I’d start a 2D Sketchbook here. Any feedback would be gratefully received.

Latest work:

This one was done in Gimp with a mouse and working from a reference photo.

Nice start! Specially with the face structure.
I feel like you could push the shadows a bit more (adding more contrast)?

Not bad but for the love of god get a tablet man.

@Aole: Thanks and I think you are right Aole, I was a bit tentative with the tones on this - useful feedback my friend - appreciated.

@tyrant monkey: Thanks - heheh I recently borrowed my brother’s Wacom Intuos tablet - pressure sensitivity is soooo cool!! :slight_smile:

A forest warrior concept. Done in Manga Studio with a Wacom tablet this time. Around 4 hours of work.

A full length concept of the main protagonist in my eComic. I had to redraw his legs 4 times but I think I’m happy with them now.

Changed my mind and put a jacket on him:

I’ve finished off my second concept picture of Sylen Benevolen. He’s an elite warrior from the forest. A loner who is more at home in the wilderness than in town.

This is Iyeon, a winged panther who serves as a steed for Sylen Benevolen. I changed my digital art process for this one and skipped the line drawing stage going straight to painting. Tools: Manga Studio 5 and a Wacom Intuos 3. Any critiques would be appreciated.

Not bad. You’ve done good sketching artwork with your creativity. A bit more enhancement is required in your artwork otherwise it’s great :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words Kellycblackwood. Yes I agree, my work will always need enhancement, it is a journey that will never end :).

I’ve been trying to level-up my digital painting skills by using the Free Select (lasso) tool and making more use of layers. This is a concept painting of one of the Dark Acolytes of Mymosule from my planned digital comic. Any critiques would be appreciated thanks.

Here’s another concept of a dark acolyte, I tried hard to get better at painting leather on this one:

This is Umia Yulon, a steampunk maiden from the forest. Critiques would be appreciated thanks.

This is Captain Atonis Trogade of the Suborean Guard. I was going for a steampunk feel but not sure I’ve got there, any critiques would be appreciated, thanks.

Do you like manga studio? Never tried it.

Maybe more contrast in your paintings. They are all kind of washed out. And maybe add some kind of different backgrounds? But all in all, great work and keep it up!:slight_smile:

Yeah Manga Studio is excellent for painting and putting together comic strips. However the last two paintings above were done in Gimp since I also like Gimp.

Good call with the contrast Mikael, I think you are right. Really appreciate the feedback - thanks.

This is a Suborean Guard Combat helmet from my digital comic project. It’s supposed to be vaguely steampunk styled. Any critiques would be gratefully received - thanks.

So I’ve been trying to improve at painting landscapes. I did this one in particular because I thought it would teach me a few things about painting stone-work. Done in Gimp on a Wacom Intuos3 tablet. Any critiques would be appreciated - thanks.