Blender Procedural Motion Design: Tests and playground

During the last year a few motion design tools have appear which have eased and empowered the possibilities to make motion graphics with blender.

I have open this thread just to post some examples from me and also from other users(mainly posted on the Animation Nodes Thread) just to see what things could be done now with blender and also just to play around and post cool things.

So here´s the first example:

I really don´t know where did I put this file. But it´s really easy to recreate. This example was done with animation nodes. The idea is to create two pieces of geometry with a similar amount of faces (don´t have to be exactly the same). After that you create a “brick” that will be instanced and animated to the positions and rotations of the polys from the previous objects.

Some minor postpro in After Effects.

Nice stuff you got there!

Some random experiments with Motion Tool. Previously posted on other thread.

Fascinating stuff here… I could watch it all day :smiley:

Thanks mate!!. I´ll try to push it further

One of my earlier tests with Animation Nodes. Not really sure how I made it, Basically splines with instanced objects on points and animated procedurally.

On the first part of the video I use sine and cosines to move the points of a curve which I use to place, rotate and scale geometry.

The second example is just a use of dinamic paint to deform a mesh. Very simple and ugly

Hi

Very interesting work here keep it up…And it looks real nice.

Tai

Do you plan on making some short video tutorials about how to achieve such cool effects ?

Well I was thinking more on making written tutorials with step by step guides and theoretical explanations. Please tell which example is the most interesting for you and I´ll try to prepair it.

Nice, can start with the first :wink:

That will be nice. We can creat an enhanced version.

Nothing really fancy here. Just used a deformed cylinder to animate some bricks

Was browsing youtube in search of a sphere that pulsate and breaks into pieces when it does, and then goes back to sphere, but stumbled upon these ones:

For the moment

I´ve been looking up for the tutorial thing but for the moment I don´t have enough time. The job and the family lets me with time only to post some artwork.

However I will be pleased to answer any question and provide explanations, files and screen captures, even Gif´s.

Here´s and old one. The first one which I came proud of it.

Maybe a tutorial about experiment Six and what version off animation node do whe need.:wink:

You can use any version from 1.0. What we are doing here is basically. Taking a deformed sphere and using its mesh data to copy the polygons. And animate those polygons from a scaled position to its original locations.

That animation data should be transferred to a new object. To that object I have applied a solidify modifer. I´ll try to post images tomorrow. Now the machine is rendering.

More old stuff. My first approach to o.g´s NLA animation offset trick:

Cool , look forward to see some basic node setup .:wink: