BRW teaser :)

Hya,

this has been a buisy week end, besides BCG (see this forum) wich is not a very difficult piece of script, I started BRW, whic, from the mathematical point of view, is much more demanding…

BRW -> Blender RopeWorks

A script to have a rope (Bezier curve) passing through an arbitrary number of pulleys and animate it.

It is still at a first draft phase, need to be refined on many points, expecially where rope goes around pulley, and completely lacks an interface, but it is working… here is a teaser :slight_smile:

DivX, 270kb

In the movie upper pulley moves right, lower pulley moves up, and rope is always at its right place :slight_smile:

Updates soon!

Stefano

Stefano, you must be really bored. :wink:

This looks great. You do great work my friend.

BgDM

luv it!

.b

that’s crazy
i want to see what kind of interface you can think of for this one…

:o that’s amazing!

Looks very interesting!

With that could be done some systematic animation strangeness :S

…but who will pull the longest rope :Z …or was it the stick?

love it! you are making the must useful none painful animation scripts yet! I am sure this will be no suprise. I am sure no one will miss doing that kinda animation by hand with your script ^_-

Thanx guys… sorry but I don’t think you will se nothing more before next week-end :slight_smile:

…but who will pull the longest rope

It is a matter of empties

You have a empty at each rope end… some sort of hook indeed, but they are no hooks, plain empties with ‘appropriate’ names, let’s say ‘E’

Then there is a pair of eptyes for each pulley. an empty is pulley center ‘C’ another is pulley ‘fixed’ point ‘P’

points ‘E’ and ‘P’ can be animated as you wish, points ‘C’ are computed and rope too, so the other end can either be fixed or can move :slight_smile:

Indeed this is sort of ‘Forward Kinematics’ inasnuch you move the pulleys and ends and the rope follows without any length constrain I could not figure out how to do that.

Stefano