Meshes in BGE

Now, I know how to dynamically alter meshes in the BGE and use it to help with voxels, LODs and stuff, but this is largely useless for more in depth realtime mesh modification.
I remember seeing that there was a project that would basically be running a dumbed down instance of Blender next to the game engine, which could then save models and allow the newly created ones to be imported into the game engine runtime. Sadly, I’ve lost where I saw some of the documentation for this, so does anyone have any clue as to where I could find it, please? I’d be forever in your debt.

Awesome, it’s not quite the same as the one I had seen previously, but in a way it’s much better. The one I had seen was literally the same implementation except it had multiple functions from blender running inside the game engine, so that saved the files. It was a much simpler implementation and as a result, the functionality was very limited. Your one is slightly more complicated in how to set it up, but it’s pretty perfect for what I need. Thank you for the idea :slight_smile:

I found a very similar concept, although I’m unsure as to how slowly it would run.