Big City Sensory Overstimulation

Big city with a crazy amount of light sources, made in Blender.

To create a really immersive urban experience you need to feel something about it. You need to really see it. You need to immerse yourself into that experience.

More info and tutorial: http://www.creativeshrimp.com/lighting-tutorial-and-visual-overstimulation.html

23 Likes

I could stare at this for an hour and discover more small details that make up more story, and I wouldn’t ever get bored.

Great work Sir.

Great piece! Really has an interesting atmosphere to it. Love the tutorial too :slight_smile:

You are a master of environments for sure. The detail in the texturing, lighting, and shading really does the job in terms of stimulation.

But please warn people ahead of time if you’re going to be making tutorials filled with profanity, drug references, and suggestive wording (it’s just not professional if you’re meaning to make them for teaching purposes).

This is a wonderful render you have here! I like that you put your logo in there. I didn’t notice it before when reading the tutorial. Just shows how much there is to look at. The only thing that bothers me is the ‘pixely’ sign in the foreground, though having details there could be hard to work with…

Rachel, that’s the effect I hope to achieve each time I make a new image :wink: And I appreciate it so much if you dig it.
By the way, I’m planning to make a big poster out of it in the nearest future. A2 seems big enough to literally jump into the city, hehe.

Good point! Yep, and there are some more easter eggs in the image too (I won’t tell you exactly where to look ;).

Glad you like the details! And thanks man, your opinion means a lot to me.

High fives!

Outstanding! I love everything about this image. You put your caffeine to good use!

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did this project take from start to finish?

Wonderful contemporary mood, makes me feel to be there. Congrats.

beautiful feels like a modern watercolor.

incredible image! Great work! The tutorial is really nice as always, as it has a different approach from the majority of tutorials out there. In this specific situation though I would be really interested if there is some trick to have this kind of lighting without having fireflies and noise (except cranking up the sampling for the noise problem :slight_smile: )

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

love the detail there

all lights and textures are so balanced … you sure u haven’t clicked this?? :spin:

m speechless … :slight_smile:

-Nita

This is amazing! How in the world did you make the puddles? I’ve made a city with puddles before and it did not turn out nearly this good! Especially the edges of the puddles look very natural.

WOAH!
I was just going to do something similar to this today

Awesome, now I know that it can be done

Thanks

Oh and you even got the same source of inspiration(bladerunner)

Interesting, realistic lighting. :slight_smile:

stunning stuff here