- My ANIMATIONS -

– Last Work–

My name is Paul Gueguen, I am a French student learning 3D Animation and I’d like to work in the future as a Character Animator in the animation industry.
In this tread I will post all my animations done in Blender or other software (Maya or 3ds Max). The point of this thread for me is to improve my animation skills ! So I am very opened to great advices and criticism. :slight_smile:

Here is my recent work done in Blender.
An animation of Hiros Hamada’s robot in the movie Big Hero 6 !

pretty cool man! bon travail bonne idée!

Mathias.

Merci Mathias ! Ca me fait super plaisir :slight_smile:

I love the way that guy flips and slides!

Excellent opener, subbed for more!

Thanks a lot guys ! :slight_smile:

Trying some small animation on Scrat (rig I found on Blend Swap)

Another walk cycle I did in Maya this time for the animation then rendered in Blender.

Nice progression.

To Note:
Last one looks as walking downhill.
Spine too straight.
Center of gravity shifts while character is moving. Humans do it all the time, though it’s very subtle detail.

I think the reason it’s so exaggerated is that his feet are too far apart. Most people have their legs taper inward. For example, my hip joints are about 12 inches apart, but I don’t walk with my feet that far apart. There’s only a couple of inches between them when I walk. By having the feet closer together, the center of mass doesn’t need to move so much to retain balance.

Steve S

Thank you for your advices guys ! So feet are too far appart, okay :slight_smile:
I will try to apply everything you’ve said on my next walk cycle !

@Stevie S
Yes, that too. :eyebrowlift:

Another animation did with Joe Rig.
I’ve been working on this animation for too long… There’s still a few things to improve

My last animation did in Blender using the Sintel rig !

to me it seems like everything moves/stops at the same time. You need to offset some keys a bit to make it feel more alive

I tried to offset some of the bones but I guess it is to subtle… Thanks for the advice ! :slight_smile:

It’s been a while since I didn’t post an animation…
Here is my last one ! All animated in Maya then exported in Blender to render with Cycles :wink:

@Keyle the last animation look pretty nice. How do you import animation to blender?

Hey floo !
I used a script in Maya which exported a baked animation. Then in Blender I opened the obj and mdd file that I’ve just exported with Maya.
Here is the tutorial : http://tea3d.blogspot.fr/2013/02/tranfer-animation-between-blender-and.html

Great! thank you!

My latest demo reel :slight_smile:
Hope you like it !