How would you integrate less-common equations into blender to use as paths?

I don’t know anything about python or 3d programming, but since one of the things I am doing is working on theoretical math research I was wondering how blender could handle plotting 3 dimensional equations or two dimension paths, if it could do it accurately. Specifically, if I have a path defined as an integral operator like say the gamma function, how would I tell an object to travel along a path defined by that operator?
This also leads to a few other questions. How would blender treat asymptotes and other discontinuities? Obviously some operators create asymptotes at certain values, so if I wanted a particle to travel along a path that had a discontinuity defined by a relative vertical asymptote, would blender make the particle shoot off to infinity and overload the computer and cause it to destroy itself, or is there some sort of automatic mechanism that makes a particle jump to the other side?
And then, how would I plot functions of complex variables in 3D space with the options to both use those paths solely for real space (I guess as polar coordinates) and the other option of keeping the output complex so that it wouldn’t be displayed in real space but still move along in its own set of quaternian vectors with an animation in real space, or the third option to have only the real part be displayed in real space and toggle the visibility of the imaginary part?

I find this too much of a general question.
However, I think there are separate parts here, as: generate the functions in py, generate points in space out of it, make travel paths out of points.
Of course, the 3d visuals would have a degree of approximation for the sake of efficiency, like a number of points, but the complex data can be out as text/floats etc at any point.

So, as long as you can do that math in python, the rest is simple.
I would get blender to :
make points out of it (with limits to real world by clamping some values and a certain nr of points)
make splines out of it that can be used to travel.
keep the complex output as properties/strings that vary along (objects, scenes etc have custom props)