Help with Generative Modeling - the Gingerbread Man Attractor

Hello everyone,

First post here at BlenderArtists, and I have a question regarding how to set up a possible script that generates a model of the Gingerbread Man Attractor. This is directly inspired from Gamel’s Attraktors thread in the Finished Artwork section - I took a shot at trying to recreate his results with the Hadley Attractor and it came out well (I hope you don’t mind me doing so, sir; it’s an amazing piece and I’m simply trying to experiment :slight_smile: )

My first attempt was a simple swap of equations to the ones supplied for the Gingerbread Man and I came out with this:

A pretty interesting result, but it’s not correct in regards to the actual attractor. Is there something I’m doing wrong or more specifically, is there a recommended way of accomplishing this or is it just not worth the effort?

Here are the functions in question (for those who would like to see):
dx/dt = 1 - y[SUB]n[/SUB] + |x[SUB]n[/SUB]|
dy/dt = x[SUB]n[/SUB]

And this is all according to a similar code arrangement to the Hadley example from that thread I mentioned.

Encountered another, even more interesting problem… every single attractor script (INCLUDING the one I referenced) now automatically throws an ‘index out of range’ error code whenever I try executing them. This even effects scripts that worked previously (and that I have left untouched since their last successful execution).

I’ve tried reinstalling Python to the latest version, which is 3.4 as of this post. No change. Not sure what else it could be, but considering we are dealing with arrays being populated by literal “chaotic” functions, I’m not sure what else I can do.