Rig body to mesh with face rig

Hi Blenderartists

I have combined the mesh in this face rig: http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/48717
with a body generated in makehuman, in the hopes of a character with a full face and body rig.

I am trying to rig the body so that it animates. I added an armature from rigify, and positioned it to the body, but when I try and generate the rig, it gives the error: “Incorrect armature for type ‘utils’ Can’t add armature ‘root’ outside of edit mode” I have tried searching for this problem and have found no answer.

This is a screenshot of what I have as it won’t let me upload the .blend

The problem here is that it won’t generate and gives the above error or crashes.

Is there anyone who can help me find a method to connect this face rig with a rigged body?

i am not really sure about the error but it shouldnt be any problem to connect your head rig to the rigify rig.

1.Open your blend file and save it with another name so u can delet and append parts from your first file.
2.Keep the mesh and the metarig and delete everything else after that generate the rig.
3.append the face rig from the first file to the second and put it on a bone layer which schould be free in the rig layers.
4. join the face rig to the rigify rig…not the other way!!!

You have to join both armatures in object mode or it won’t work.

Thanks for the replies guys, I will try this afternoon when I have time, and post my result.