Using shapes keys with action editor

Hi, i am trying to use shape keys and while i can set key frames for a shape key, it doesn’t pertain to a specific action. It applies the shape key animation to all actions.

I would like to know how to set key frames for a shape key that only work on a specific action. I have a video to further illustrate the problem i am having:

any help is great thanks :smiley:

HI Proportion

I’m not 100% sure to understand your problem. But I thinking that your problem might come from the fact that Action are link to ONE object. So I think that your action is linked to your armature and your shapekey is on your mesh, so it’s 2 objects. If it’s the problem, one solution would be to use a driver. You can create a bone on your armature and for example it’s Z location up and down would change the value of your shapekey. If you do that, everything about the animation will be on your armature in one Action.

I hope that makes sense and that it would solve your problem!

Mathias.

If you are trying to animate with your shape keys on different frames, you can put them in the NLA and move them whereever you want.

Sample. Created shape keys using frames 1, 5, and 10 for each shape. Threw them into the NLA and added a strip. moved one past the other. Simple sample for you to look at.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/38020

Thanks for this, this was what i needed.