Those moments of WTF

So yesterday I was putting together reference images of men and women next to each other in comparable poses while I had relations over (that I was trying to ignore) and somehow this sparked a debate.

So somehow I was informed by my sisters friend that because I was looking for good examples in the anatomical differences between genders in poses that I was racist. I’m just going to assume that I missed something in that dialogue with her. But has anyone had a comparable experience before here?

Someone needs to look up the definition of the word “racist”, 'cause that ain’t it.

I checked in with my sister about this an hour ago, And it is confirmed that I heard what she said correctly.
I don’t blame her friend for trying to provoke me, I was making it very explicit with my indifference that I did not want to interact with them. So I’m cool with her returning the favor.

Now the 3 hour conversation I just had with my sister on how sexism and racism is all the same thing and all the delightful tangents that discussion went though has reminded me of why I was ignoring them in the first place. I can’t fucking wait to finish going deaf now.

She probably just wanted to start an argument so she could sound more intelligent than you by repeating things she’s learned in school. If what you’re saying about the situation is accurate, then obviously you were not being racist. Next time she calls you a racist, turn it around on her and call her a racist back and make up reasons as to why.

I don’t like the term race anyway. There really isn’t enough difference biologically or genetically to suggest that different ethnicities are different races. Scientifically the race is human. There’s less genetic difference in the darkest African and the whitest northern European than there is in two penguins from the same colony. Before the bifurcation, something happened that thinned our ranks and therefor our gene pool. This made us uncommonly similar. The difference between humans are more superficial and cultural than anything. This whole thing about race is probably cognitive bias or something. Seeing isn’t believing in this case. I wish everyone would just drop it.

:smiley: You could simply offend her by calling her an ‘idiot.’ If she looks at a female and male pose on a computer screen and somehow comes to the conclusion that you’re a racist, then it’s a fitting description.

I try not to talk to her and her friends when I can. My sister is one of those personalty types they make movies about and her taste in friendships tends to lead her to pick people who are ‘of a type’.

I’m just asking around right now to the more artistically minded I know and trying too see if any of them have had a comparable experience. And so far nada on that front.

Surely the problem was that you weren´t looking at enough fat (I´m sorry, “normal”-built) women…