Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    Hi,

yes the curvature option must not be disabled for now.

We wanted to wait before sending it on GitHub the implementation of the main features so the user can improve them, make more and add content (like new surface details, new gradients and improve them) directly in the code. There is two big feature missing: the texture effects for the dust, grunge, etc. And options to control the grayscale before the gradients are applied.

I will also make a video at the end of the week to show all the features and how to use them.
    Last edited by Linko; 18-Sep-17 at 12:10.
    AssetGen | 3dworkshop.org (english version) | Twitter (often post about AssetGen)

Ok good to know that you plan to move to Github in future

I have spoken with the developper he said he doesn't know how to use GitHub and i don't know too. But you wanted it on GitHub to follow the updates and development? I will make a video this week and will show every tools of the addon.

We also need the help of artists good with procedural textures to send us node setup to generate new surface details and improve the existing one (they look pretty bad especially the wood ).
    Last edited by Linko; 18-Sep-17 at 13:45.
    AssetGen | 3dworkshop.org (english version) | Twitter (often post about AssetGen)

It's pretty easy to use Github you just upload your folder to Github server and that's it
    I'm not good at making materials especially procedurals, but i'm forcing myself to learn it

Originally Posted by Linko View Post
    I have spoken with the developper he said he doesn't know how to use GitHub and i don't know too. But you wanted it on GitHub to follow the updates and development? I will make a video this week and will show every tools of the addon.

We also need the help of artists good with procedural textures to send us node setup to generate new surface details and improve the existing one (they look pretty bad especially the wood ).
    Its supereasy to set up, Im not a programmer and I got going in 5 minutes. Make sure to download the desktop app too, makes things a lot easier

I know a nice article about Github. And also a french translated version for all the french fries. This should be useful for many people, even those who are not programmers.
    Forgive my broken english, i'm just a french frie.

Thank you, I have learnt from this video: https://youtu.be/qpXxcvS-g3g

Here the link: https://github.com/Linko-3D/AssetGen

I am writting the documentation, i am updating the first page, meanwhile the developper is doing the grayscale options to have more control on your generated texture.

Realistic Unity Project (wip): https://github.com/Linko-3D/Realistic-Unity-Project
    This GitHub page is a startup project for Unity with everything configured to get the most realistic graphics possible from start + all the important free addons from the store (it will also inlude a start menu and splashscreen) + all the files organised to start a game. You will be able to edit the files to improve the lighting even more, suggest new addons, organise the files differently.
    Because some struggle to get a good lighting and materials in Unity, the default settings are bad. Here you can see all the changes that are applied to Unity.

startup scene.png
    Last edited by Linko; 22-Sep-17 at 06:36.

I was absent here many months...i see that darkblender is not exist anymore? I used it few times in 2016 for tests, and i love a sculpt updates and addons...is planned reactivating these features for assetgen? especially sculpting improvements and brushes?

Hi,

yes we will add a button in the addon when you click it it will change change the default settings of Blender (the brushes option, the render settings, etc.).

Uff...good news Is it planned in 2017? I remember that i was in love with darkblender in sculpting mode and after that baking lowpoly sets You've added nice brushes for sculpting

The brushes were from the Orb pack: https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/86419

AssetGen update:
    - added grayscale options, you can set the amount of curvature, ambient occlusion and shadows to add on the greyscale before the gradients are applied.
    - added texture effects, you can choose the amount of grunge, dust and snow effect. Their color are preconfigured.

In this example i have used the noise and rock surface details for the asset generation. For the texture i have enabled the curvature + ao + shadows with the grunge and dust effect:

effects.png

Here grunge and snow effect:

snow effect.png

Edit: for the video i will just show how i convert an high poly into a game asset and uses it in Unity. For the other tools everything will be detailled in the documentation and by overing the mouse on the settings. I am waiting the new Export asset tool before I make the video.
    Last edited by Linko; 22-Sep-17 at 06:11.

AssetGen update:

Export asset tool added. This tool will export all your selected meshes in .FBX (the active selection must be the LOD0). It has an option to center the position before exporting so your LODs doesn't move and you can decide if you want or not to save your textures in a subfolder. By default the subfolder is enabled and is named //Materials to match Unity's folders. The textures saved are the albedo, normal and ambient occlusion.

export asset tool.png

- added a generate box tool, it creates a box from a plane and editing one face edit all the faces.

I have also released a quick demo in video of the addon, just to show how fast it generates a game asset in Unity from an high poly. I also use the realistic Unity scene.
    This is not a tutorial, the tutorial is in the first page or the how to use file included (still in WIP).

Last edited by Linko; 23-Sep-17 at 09:21.

You are missing turning on HDR in your cameras in the Unity project (which is needed for better tonemapping and other effects, it's usually best to have it on when working with PBR materials). And if you want your emissive materials to look good, you'll need Bloom on (along with HDR and HDR colors in your material), else your emissive materials won't have the "lit up" effect they're supposed to have (instead, all you'll get is a material that turns white and doesn't shine).

Hi. thank you i have edited the files.

The HDR was turned On on the starting camera, i forgot to enable it after replacing it with the first person controller camera. I disabled the bloom to adjust the sun lighting and forgot to re-enable it.
    Last edited by Linko; 25-Sep-17 at 13:43.

Thank you so much for all of your work on this amazing set of tools! I am using it daily in the classes that I teach.

Thank you so much, this tool is amazing. I'm dipping my toes at it, so I'm still understanding.
    I was able to create all maps with it, except albedo_details, bump and diffuse, which remains always black.
    How they are supposed to be used?

Hi!

isnyder are you a teacher in a game art school? That's awesome to read.

kabu the albedo bake is only useful if the high poly has a texture, it's ideal for a scanned model. You can generate the albedo with the Game Asset Materials tool like i did in the video.
    I have removed the diffuse, albedo_details and diffuse, it was from an older version of the addon.

And here is the todo list:

Done:
    - add a 4rth LOD called LOD3
    - normalize image
    - quick decimation tool with ratio and polycount settings

To add soon (some this week end):
    - 2D Mesh tool (draw a mask and a shape is extracted in 3D)
    - quick compositing tool
    - scale image tool
    - add en option to denoise the AO map
    - DirectX normal map conversion tool
    - should have an option for the game asset materials tool to choose if a material is metallic or dieletric to generate a metallness map. Find how to make the roughness map, how the interface should be and the node setup
    - option to add the roughness (smoothness) map into the alpha channel of the metalness (metallic) map for Unity
    - export asset tool add an option todo a cube projection unwrap with cube size and 90 degree angle. Export a solidied version for the exterior of the room separately (so it does not bake into a lightmap). It's ideal for map creation
    - Export Asset export base texture option with naming. It will be useful for protyping, the albedo will be a checker, the normal flat purple, a black metallness then you will just have to replace the textures to update them in the game engine
    - export asset should have an option to export a diffuse (with option to composite the ao, bent and gradient color on top of the albedo, will automatically change the _albedo suffix to _diffuse)
    - export Asset with Dota export option: the _diffuse is renamed color (_color.tga) and integrate the AO map, a rimlight intensity mask RGB 0.1 is exported (_rimmask.tga), specular intensity mask RGB 0.220 is exported (__specmask.tga), a specular exponent map RGB 0.698 (_specexp.tga),a tint map texture is exported for the metallic effect it uses the informations from the Game Asset Materials metallic option (_basetintmask.tga). The roughness map isn't exported.
    - the generated low poly should keep the vertex weight of the high poly (so you can attach a rig to the high poly. edit it and have a low poly directly attached like an hat for example)
    - add the Render layer > composite nodes to continue to do renders; do not open the compositor when the albedo is generated
    - bump map to normal map tool
    - Convert to Pixel art tool with reduced color depth, need to add dithering if possible
    - optimize Blender settings button
    - human base mesh with the skin modifier
    - smart LODs (LOD1 = 50 % of LOD0, LOD2 = 25 %, LOD3 = 12.5 %) and edge padding (texture resolution / 128)
    - tool to color everything inside a mask and make the rest in greyscale (for Dota icon sets)
    - more material presets and surface details, some have to be redone and improving the thumbnails preview
    - selected to active should bake every selected meshes on the low poly (active selection), currently it only supports two selections: one high poly and one low poly, the high poly have to be combined
    - limited dissolve with angle threshold as an option to replace the decimation to optimize hard surface models
    - PBR information database

Later:

- smooth Curvature map, but nobody has found the node setup yet: https://blender.stackexchange.com/qu...m-a-normal-map
    - fur tool (procedural?)
    - armor tool, create armor pieces easily with inset and bent modifier
    - base meshes (customizable?)
    - paterns details
    - sprites baking with the number of frames, all the frames will be composited one by one when the albedo is changed
    - metallness and roughness map (roughness in the Alpha channel), need to think how the user whould use it, if it's generated, if it uses ID maps, if it's painted
    - add an Inner Glow effect on an image, this technique is used by Blizzard to project details (from the conference of Michael Vicente)
    - use glTF 2.0 format for the export asset tool once supported by Blender by default
    - add an option to use the bevel shader node once it will be available
    - the advanced UV packer algorithm will be used by default once ShotPacker will be officially in the Blender source code, the UI will have an option to set the number of passes
    - Blender 2.8 EEVEE conversion

And we need help to create procedural surface details.
    Last edited by Linko; 03-Nov-17 at 08:28.

@Linko I teach at a community college where I specialize in game development and VR A major request that I have is when doing AssetGen on "Selected to active" it would be great to be able to bake ALL selected objects to the Active low-poly. Right now we're having to combine all of our high-poly meshes, which is a pain. Looking forward to seeing this continue to progress!

A quick consideration on usage.
    HighPoly image created with evolvotron, imported into displace modifier for geometry, imported into material for colors, 250K tris.
    Front:
    evo6highf.png
    Side:
    evo6highs.png
    (post another for post limits)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reduced to 1000 polys by Assetgen:
    Front:
    evo6agf.jpg
    Side:
    evo6highs.png
    200K to 1K. Well, very good.