Braun KS 20 Renderings

Modeled and rendered in Blender with Cycles.

Scene file is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byzv_NlyKp_2SFBTdTBvSzJiNTg/view

Enjoy.

very nice. I like the middle render the best. I enjoy anything coffee related…the tutorial video looks very promising. Thanks for sharing it

I agree Mire - center is the best!

Extremely good work here! I would love to see some actual coffee in the pot, though! Btw, although I like the color balance of the middle one, the first one has a very clean look, which fits well with the design of the product.

Well a lot of us do this all the time in Blender, but i liked the relaxed way of explaining and see someone else doing it.
Maybe you should have added some more explaining, as of why would people do this (who are new to this subject).

The reason is that often with industrial designs, one works with beta’s or product concepts.
Parts of the machine might be build (or not), and you have the task to create a realistic model.
Maybe you got an autocad drawing of a ship or so, and you will have to animate it in the water with a helicopter fly over.
Or you have to make a movie of a new machine not yet build in action.
Although here you had a picture of a final product that’s often not available,still the decision you make in this movie, as how to render glas, metal plastic, one would still have to make, and therefore object studies like these are good to learn form. If one would like to learn Blender for this purpose. Its also not only about materials, its also about Lightning, and creating a product photo booth.

• I tend to do create a photo booth just by a subdivided mesh to get it round, but your way is handy to.
  • For some quick cycles transistion adjustments i tend to use often a colorramp or RGB curves after a layerweight.
    With that you get some more control about reflection p/angle of a material. In real world this happens too see
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflectance#Reflectivity

Great movie !

Great work! Really like it. And thanks for the video!

How do you make perfect white background?

This is just the second video for my students and they already complain that the vids are soooo long.
So thats why I left things out. Obviously there is more to talk about.

Also the materials are rather basic - not trying to be perfectly realistic or even following PBR styles.
That would be too much for the student.

This is for my industrial design studio course where I refuse to even demo Keyshot but only allow
the students to learn rendering the right way. Besides the rendering they also learn modeling
designing and prototyping with Blender and Fusion. So there is lot on their plate.

This example was just a lucky shot to show how with some basic steps you can already create
pretty stunning results.

The one with the grey background is the best to show the model details thanks to the lighting setup. I’ve followed you for a while, your posts are always very interesting and professional.

Very nice renders, definitely at level of commercial ($) software. This should go top row for sure.

Yeah I was pretty impressed when I did the rendering how quickly the Cycles rendering started to look like the photo.

The only problem is that the plastic looks to solid - I did the same rendering in Thea and the plastic glows a little bit more - light still penetrates it!

But this I assume would only require mixing in a translucent node into the diffuse material.

Claas

Great work and I agree with PGTART that it’s not just about the materials, it’s about lighting and creating the product that we intend to make. The movie looks excellent, and the photo booth seems like the one that I rented from a photo booth rentals in Toronto called Abbey Road Entertainment. I rented it for my wedding and this movie makes the feeling that it all depends on many factors.

Hi there !
Great tutorial I’ve seen but… Is link down?
thanks in advance

A private message is in order, not necromancing an 3 year old thread. Search in blendswap.