Hands of a mechanic

It’s good to get your hands dirty every once in a while.

Here’s a clay-render of the scene.

-Anssi

1 Like

Awsome scene. I like the modeling of de hands
But the tool box is maybe a bit to clean for someone whos build alot or for someone whos keeping it in his shed for years

Beautifull picture.
tells a lot in a single shot.

I love it. Nice one!

Wow… Dont know how you’ve succeed in making such a wonderful detailed scene. Hands down for the best render i’ve seen in a few months! (No pun intended)

No but really, five star.

Very nice…beautiful job on the hands…to me they are the most telling parts of a person…however…I’ve been turning a wrench since the mid '60’s (also for 15 years professionally) and the watch would really limit ones ability to weasel into the tight places…or would get broken…that’s just me…still I really appreciate the fine image…thanks

I was going to say that too, but also along the lines of if your going to get that greasy, your not going to be wearing a nice watch.

@Jack, Pieriko, Ikarios and Avocado: Thank you!

Heh, you got me there. I used my own preference in the watch thing. I never go anywhere without one and hardly ever take my watch off. I also would never wear a watch that can’t take some dirt or a few scrapes. Then again I’m not really a proper grease-finger even though I try to fix what I can. And also, of course, it was much just an aesthetic choice.

But hey, at least he left his wedding ring on the sink for the day :smiley:
Anyway, thank you, I’m glad you liked the piece.

-Anssi

0_О

really cool!

Beautiful Detail - and very convincing grease… I almost feel bad for the guy - that’s gonna take ages to shift! :slight_smile: Amazing work

Why isn’t this top row!? Holy crap. The lighting and shading is phenomenal, I think without the tap in the foreground it would be indistinguishable from a stylised photo. Amazing work.

Great work man, I love the lighting!!

Really impressive work! It tells a good story.

Like it a lot!!! :wink:

Why isn’t this top row!? Holy crap. The lighting and shading is phenomenal, I think without the tap in the foreground it would be indistinguishable from a stylised photo. Amazing work.

I think this is the best Blender image I have seen to date. Admiration is too smaller word.

Would a handy guy flip the swatch inwards, for better movement?

Stunning render!

Awesome! It looks really good and very real

No way!! I kept seeing this pop up on twitter and just assumed it was a reference image. So realistic! Most photorealistic attempts are of subjects far less ambitious.

Congrats.
You’re the first user I’ve seen pull off photorealism with a human character. Bold :slight_smile:

I love this!