December game challenge

Howdy guys,

I thought we should have another December game making challenge hosted by myself. There was a great surge of interest in the last game contest which is very encouraging, so I’m sure you’re all eager to get writing another game again.

I will be judging the contest based on gameplay, clean code, graphics, portability (can your game play without a fancy graphics card or have the option to switch the effects off, does it work on windows, linux and mac, and as many versions of the blenderplayer as possible) execution and uniqueness of concept.

The reason, why I am judging this instead of a public poll is largely because people often miss, effort taken to code the game, if they find the game play confusing, and somethings like cleanliness of code and logic is often missed. Also, uniqueness of concept, i.e does the game introduce something unique that hasn’t been seen before, often goes unnoticed.

There are no rules per se, you can be as creative as you like. Just make sure your file is reasonably small enough to download and play. No exes please, blender portable files only, as I don’t use windows :wink:

Deadline, is just before christmas, so that gives you little over two weeks.

Entries should be submitted in this thread. Look forward to seeing your ideas. Sorry, no prizes are available unless someone wants to donate anything.

Seeing as it is christmas, extra browning points will be awarded for a Christmas themed game. But this doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be airy fairy, you could create a ‘nightmare before christmas’ game with a horror twist. Or whatever you want.

:smiley:

Sounds cool ,but I suggest putting this post also in the game engine support and discuss forums since more people will be able to see it .