Tragic Christmas (Blender Guru Competition)

I Have been working on this for the last week and I am close to submitting it, but I want to see if anyone has any ideas or critiques to make this even better.

Please comment any Ideas, critiques, or changes.
I really want to make this better, your feedback will be much appreciated.

I overall like the idea, and execution, but thing that strikes me is the blur on the ball. I know it’s falling, but, with it being blurred, ALL of your image is blurred (maybe with the exeption of the shadow on the floor). I believe it is possible to take a photo in such a situation on which the ball would be sharp (with proper shutter settings), and I believe that your image would benefit from it being so.
Just my opinion though, you don’t have to agree with it :slight_smile:

Yeah, I played around a lot with the shutter setting, but I will try a different trail effect.

you are right the getting rid of the blur looks a lot better, I add a little trail behind the ball to make it more obvious that is was falling.

Thanks for your help.

It’s a nice Render! :slight_smile: The only critique I qould have would be that the ball looks a bit too out of place because ther’e particles everywhere, but then around the ball itself the particles are blurred and elss dense it seems to me. I don’t know if this was on purpose but I think it makes the ball look edited in. Otherwise, like I said, nice Render :slight_smile:

I think it’s still not clear enough that the ball is falling. Also, the image is a bit confusing. Having less particles in the air might help, and as Robert_M said, there are no particles right around the ball.