Hard Ops Thread

So it’s time for the hard ops thread! For those who don’t know its a hard surface add-on for blender with the purpose of helping modelling become more entertaining.

Theres also many demos of me using it over the course of its development

I’ve been assisted by many in the course of perfecting it. Hopefully this thread is in the right place.

Update: There is also a guide at the top of my blog!

16 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

[video]https://youtu.be/06bfuS6DXkg[/video]

1 Like
1 Like

I bought it wen I have time I will share my test great work mastexeon

Stunning work!

I bought it minute ago. Great addon! Just amazing:) Thank You!

I brought it a while back but I had been so backed up with work and life that I seriously did n’t play with it. I don’t think I have even downloaded an update in a long time. What I did have time to check out was the helmet sculpting video I picked up so many new and interesting techniques. Great work so far masterxeon1001.

Would also like to endorse this addon. Bought it a couple of days ago, haven´t had too much time to play with it, but so far worth every cent! :slight_smile:

Add me to the list of endorsements, it really is essential if you do hard surface work. :slight_smile:

Hard ops is Boolean based?

oh yes. Its more destructive than a nuclear bomb. But with the art of cleanup it becomes easy. Also baking technologies have become much better too. Booltool is recommended for maximum speed. I have become a big fan of the tool since it was released and how free it can make creation.

Same sentiment here - I have barely gotten used to the original release, and then adding pitiwazou’s pie menus made it easier to call.

I want to practice making some stuff that I can texture :smiley:

warming up!

1 Like

remixed by https://www.artstation.com/artist/moth3r

1 Like

Love Red Mode :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I bought your addon but I can’t install in my Blender.

This is the console message:
Modules Installed from ‘C:\Users\Gabriel\Downloads\Blender addons\2015\addon platit\hardops_006d.zip’ into ‘C:\Users\Gabriel\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\scripts\addons’ ()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 2218, in _find_and_load_unlocked
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘path

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 306, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\Gabriel\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\scripts\addons\hardops_006a_init_.py”, line 17, in <module>
from . panel import (HardOpsPanel)
File “C:\Users\Gabriel\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\scripts\addons\hardops_006a\panel.py”, line 3, in <module>
from . icons.icons import load_icons
File “C:\Users\Gabriel\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\scripts\addons\hardops_006a\icons\icons.py”, line 3, in <module>
import bpy.utils.previews
ImportError: No module named ‘bpy.utils.previews’; ‘bpy.utils’ is not a package

I works only in Blender 2.76 and up or I can use in my older version too?

Anyway, awesome addon…great stuff guys

1 Like

I see that after my info about purchase a script many people has said that purchased this script some time ago too. I don’t care about topology during concept modelling - and this script is awesome in this way. I accept boolean tools - destructive but powerful and increasing modelling speed (important during concept models). Thank You MASTERXEON :slight_smile: 5 bucks is amazing price.

Hello Masterxeon, I bought it, too, but I didn’t have time to test it yet.
What came to my mind; isn’t it possible to add some kind of ‘automatic snapshot’ function to make it non-destructive? Thx.