MakeHuman Posing and New Menu

MakeHuman looks like an awesome tool for making humanoids.

I have a slight problem though. In the new pre-aplha02 I cannot figure out how to see that new menu they have screenshots and video of!
I open up the mh200_Alpha_02.blend file with Blender 2.36 (running python 2.3.5) and I see the model and all the targets on the right.

How can I bring up the new menu gui like the tutorial video shows?

Also, I was wondering how to easily manipulate this model to pose it manually or using the muscles? Is it already rigged with armature and ready to use for posing and what not? I turned on the morphing and got these spheres appearing but wasn’t able to actual move the model.

Just learning, hope I didn’t ask too many questions!

Thanks!

From your mention of “all these spheres appearing” I assume you’re using the old MH02:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37539

The newer one MH02_winter bla bla works very much the same way but is still a preview release. Leftclick on the preview pics in the left-hand target menu. And it doesn’t use armatures and the new animation system isn’t implemented yet (or I can’t find it).

%<

Actually I’m using the latest release of MH 2.0 .

Since this is a preview release that means that I won’t have the menus demonstrated in their demo videos?

If I obtain 1.8 will I be able to use a more functioning version?
I did take a look for 1.8 but couldn’t find the file set.
Also I noticed from this link
https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37539
it references a quickstart for 1.8, however all of the old links to these quickstarts don’t work anymore.

I’m guessing the spheres I see are “handles” in which to modify the model somehow but I can’t seem to figure out how to use them yet.

Thanks for the help

IMPORTANT:

The version with the circular handles is the ‘old’ new preview version (MH2.0 Pre-Alpha-02 as shown in the info window above the model). Right-click on the model to get the handles. Right-click on the handles to get the targets.

The version with the target menu thumbs in the left-hand column is the ‘new’ new preview version (it has no version number in the file but the folder with the .blend is labled "MH 2.0-winter01[or 02] and to see the thumbs you MUST open the .blend in the folder and Not load it from the File menu [or the thumbs won’t show]). Left-click the thumbs and more thumbs appear which you left-click again to show a slider or numeric input bar.

%<

Ahhh. That’s why.
Definately had the wrong version.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Time to experiment with this one and see how it goes.

Thanks for you help