Blender Setup Error, help me? ( Blender 2.75b 64bit Win 10)

Error messenger: Th cabinet file ‘media1.cab’ required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used. This could indicate network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Thanks!

Try suggestions here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/why-is-disk1cab-corrupt-on-every-software-download/83ec4491-52b7-4252-9619-0e487fd6d5e9?auth=1

Try running as an administrator
Are you suing the installer or zip file ? If using the installer, just us the zip file so no installation.
Ensure you have downloaded the correct blender version for your computer

Thanks for reply. I download file .msi from blender.org. Still didn’t work.

Thanks for reply. I download file .msi from blender.org. Still didn’t work.

Downloading it again from other mirror, then running .msi from desktop, helped me

If you’re encountering an issue with a corrupt cabinet file (‘media1.cab’) during installation, you can try the following steps to address the problem:

1. Check the Installation Source:
  • If you are installing from a CD-ROM, check the CD for scratches or dirt. Clean the CD and try the installation again. If you are installing from a downloaded file, try downloading the file again as it may have been corrupted during the download process.
  1. Run Installation as Administrator:
  • Right-click on the installation file and choose “Run as Administrator.” This ensures that the installation process has the necessary permissions.
  1. Copy Installation Files to Hard Drive:
  • If you are installing from a CD, copy the contents of the CD to your hard drive and try installing from there. This can help bypass any issues with the CD-ROM drive.
  1. Use a Different CD/DVD Drive:
  • If you are installing from a CD, try using a different CD/DVD drive if available. The issue may be related to the specific drive.
  1. Check for Disk Space:
  • Ensure that you have enough disk space on your system. Sometimes, insufficient disk space can cause installation issues.
  1. Disable Antivirus Software:
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus or security software and try the installation again. Sometimes, security software can interfere with the installation process.
  1. Download a New Copy:
  • If you are installing from a downloaded file, try downloading it again. Ensure that the download completes successfully without any interruptions.
  1. Check for System File Errors:
  • Use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and repair corrupted system files. Open a command prompt as Administrator and run the command: sfc /scannow.
  1. Perform a Clean Boot:
  • Perform a clean boot to start Windows with minimal drivers and startup programs. This can help identify if third-party software is interfering with the installation.
  1. Contact Software Vendor Support:
  • If the issue persists, consider reaching out to the software vendor’s support. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or updates to address the problem.

Remember to create backups before making significant changes to your system. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, the problem may be specific to the software you are trying to install, and contacting the software vendor’s support would be advisable. P.S for me worked advice number 8.