Python Export Scripts Errors:

To all,

I am having problems using two of the in-built export scripts which come imbedded in Blender v2.36. The scripts are the ones for exporting models to ‘DirectX (.x)’ and ‘DirectX8 (.x)’ formats. Before, the export scripts worked fine. However, without changing a thing in Blender, the scripts do not work correctly anymore.

When running the script from the drop down menu, before it gives me the option to save the file at a certain path, a box appears telling me ‘ERROR: Python script error: Check console’. I do not have a full version of Python installed on my computer. What might be the problem?

-What is the error in console?

Ben

If the console is technically the command prompt screen, which runs while Blender is open, the problem would be that the ‘path is too long’. The information the command prompt prints after trying to export to .x is:

Traceback <most recent call last>:
File “<string>”, line 455, in ?
RuntimeError: path too long

-Try to export to “shorter path”.Maybe in the Blender folder
or in C: in D: somewhere the path isnt too long… :wink:

Ben

Hello Ben,

I have searched all throughout Blender and can find everything, except how to change the path for exporting. How may I go about doing this?

what is the path you’r using?
try to copy it in the root of your hard drive, like c:\ and open it from there

Gabio,

I have no clue as to what path I am using and/or how to change this path. As I last posted, how would I go about figuring what path I am currently using and how to change the current path?

I think it’s not a problem of setting path in Blender.You
are trying to save the .x file in “long path” for eg:
C:\Blender…\yourfile.x
save it for eg:
C:\Blende\yourfile.x

Ben

Hello Ben,

The problem is that when I try to export the file, the program does not get as far as to allow me to select a folder to save it in.