3dmouse by 3d connexion

Is there an addon for the spacepilot pro or instructions on how to use the 3d mouse with blender? Thanks

These links might be helpful.
http://www.spacemice.org/index.php?title=Blender

Thankyou shajuke!

Because I just received the mouse today I have not discovered all of its functions. One function it does well is panning. Other than that I don’t know. In Rhino3d and 3dsmax it seems to have more functionlity.

I think I have solved all the problems with the 3dmouse. Initially I could not role an object. Now I just hold the Control Key on my keyboard with my right hand while tilting the 3dmouse handle in the direction I want to role and the object roles in that direction. In your menu settings on the 3d mouse the only menu I have ticked is show navigation guide. theNow the mouse is working perfectly! Now I have to figure out the 24-28 other buttons. Let me know if anyone else finds this useful and if anyone else has advice for me and others!

Attachments

I own a G502 Logitech mouse. Just determined that when I hold the most forward button to the left of my left mouse button, it is keyed to my shift key on my keyboard so now I don’t have to take my hand off the mouse. Great!

Just in case new Blender users like myself can’t find the relevant info on 3Dconnextion mouse settings.

My setup = Windows 10, basic Space Navigator mouse with 2 buttons.
Mac users may find a 2.74 video here.

Basically

• don’t bother with standard 3Dconnexion drivers configuration. Leave it as default.
  • no need to tweak anything under Blender User Preference: Input > NDOF (so far anywhere)

Stay in launched scene. Highlight the cube for calibration.

Click your 3D mouse’s (default set to Left) button to trigger PROPERTIES.

Then tweak your settings. Mine is as follows.

(I am configuring its behavior to be “object based” and not “helicopter” or Fly mode. So that it will behave like SketchUp, Google Earth or Daz Studio out of the box)

This should keep your view upright, without out-of-control tilting horizon. Suitable for modeling objects AND moving around small to medium scenes.

Note: Blender 3D mouse doesn’t seem to care about vertical pan.

I’m 2 hours new to Blender. So I may discover new things or better settings. Shall update this space if necessary.

Cheers.:eyebrowlift:

OK… I just worked out Blender-specific navigation language…

You can’t use 3D mouse’s own standard Pan left/right or Pan up/down.

Hold Shift while moving 3D mouse to get Pan up/down.

Hold Ctrl to get Pan left/right.

You may want to invert one or two axis on the Properties depending on your habit.

Cheers.

Hi Gogo:

I just got the 3dConnexion’s Space Mouse. On my MAC, the right button DOES bring up the 3d Mouse Properties menu, but on my Window’s 10 machine, it does not. Because I can’t get the property menu, all the axis are backwards ;-(.

Any ideas how to activate the Prop Menu in the windows version of Blender 2.79? I love the way it works on my MAC but it’s completely useless on my Windows install.

Thanks
RonK95

Hi, All. Update on the 3DConnexions Space Mouse. Yesterday I downloaded the latest drivers from 3DConnexion’s website and installed it on my PC and MAC. Now, on the PC, when I press the left button on the space mouse, the circle menu contains the PROPERTY MENU quadrant. When I select that, the 3DConnexions property window comes up and it is specifically named “BLENDER”. Now when I check the “reverse” axis, all works as expected in Blender! Whooo Whoo.

Additionally, the NDOF settings on the “input” tab (bottom left) of the User Preferences utility also work as expected. My machine is fairly fast, so setting the Pan Sensitivity and Orbit Sensitivity to 0.500 slowed the movement down and made it very usable. Also, by selecting “Orbit” and “Trackball” (-vs- “Free” and “Turntable”), the model rotates around it’s center point, however, the UP and DOWN function of the mouse does NOT work. I actually prefer that, as it keeps the model in the plane I’m working in.

With this driver update, the Space Mouse and associated CAD Mouse work as I had expected them to in Blender for PC and as they have always worked on my MAC.

Thanks
RonK95