Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vinland: 1936

I know how it feels. Feedback can motivate you a lot! Comments on my game "the long way home" are very sparse as well over here...

But I think it is important that you make a game you want to make. Even if itīs not gonna be a big hit, it will hopefully still be a fun journey.

Originally Posted by Smoking_mirror View Post
    Thanks. It's not easy to stick with a project when there's not much interest.
    I'm pretty much making this game for myself anyway so it doesn't matter really. I just miss the days when blender artists had more participation.
    I feel over the past few years many of the artists and game developers working on projects have disappeared, and no one has replaced them, users like Torakunsama, Social, Blendenzo, CA Liagari etc.

I always enjoy your projects. They're high quality and actually end up happening

I'm super interested in this game, I always love to see it, and the progress.

Thanks everyone. This is one of those projects that I keep leaving off and then coming back to. I run in to a problem and go away and think about it. Test solutions in other projects and then return with a idea of how to solve it.

I hope sometime soon I will havd a mainly finished game which I can pitch as a project that can be developed further.

I worked on the infantry combat last night and got a good model working.
    Simple but fun. I hope.

It's good to see that you're still working on this project^^

Thanks, I'm working on infantry combat now. Things are a lot less polished than they were before the break, but I'm making faster progress in things that are actually important, like gameplay and testing.

There are a lot of things that work well in theory which don't work out that well in practice. I'm finding out now what works and what doesn't.

It's already pretty fun, I'm finding out some exploits and tactics, and trying to decide which is which. Once I have a fun model I have to try and train the AI to use it well so it doesn't get beaten too easily.

Looks like it's really coming along great I would just say that you should keep the visibility of the infantary in mind since i think thats something that could be improved^^ But i guess thats something to work on at another point since it looks like right now you are more concerned about the basic gameplay keep up the great work anyways

The way soldiers move reminds me of Company of Heroes, pretty cool.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234