Skillet Breakfast

Good morning, Blender community. Breakfast is served!

1 Like

Yummy! My idea of great breakfast :slight_smile:

The sausages are great, the potatoes are pretty good (although kinda sharp), but the egg is what stands out as “off”. IMO it needs more SSS (especially in the yolk) to get that important translucency.

If you fixed that I reckon it’d improve a lot!
Great job though.

all looks delicius!
I agree with andrew to add translucency to the egg
the sausage looks very amazing!

+5

Looks delicious, good job !

Eureka! Thanks for the tip, Andrew. I had SSS on both the whites and the yolk, but the radius was too low in both cases.

I’ll take a second look at the potatoes too. Trying to soften the bevels I added using GG (really don’t want to have to remodel them.)

I’ll post an update in the morning. Thanks again guys!

Here we go, version 7, now with more translucent yolk and egg whites, more rounded potatoes and less bendy fork.

I’ve been on a self-imposed weight loss routine since late July and making food art in Blender has been a great way to cope with the cravings.

I’ve lost 55 pounds in 6 months. Getting pretty close to my goal weight too. I plan to stick to my plan and keep making food art as long as my hunger inspires me.

Hi goldomega, the egg looks much better!

Im thinking when I see you image again the yellow yolk need a thing more too looks less solid, is maybe a oil/liquid/water “layer” I will pass a image to show what I’m thinking:

http://www.dicyt.com/viewItem.php?itemId=18839

http://cocinaldente.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Huevo-frito1.jpg

I think you can emulate the efect just duplicate the yolk and adding a water shader.

the rest of your scene is great, the potatoes for mee looks good from the begining, the traslucency in the white part now is perfect!

Looks good but the yolk is still too dark… not enough SSS, possibly too dark of a color. Real egg yolk is extremely bright yellow and translucent depending on how it’s cooked. Source: just had some fried eggs

No need to be hungry, heard about LCHF??? - http://www.dietdoctor.com/
Like your image just what I would like to have to breakfast, except potatoes (to many carbs).

Your second render is very good and the egg white is excellent.

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone. It looks like I should’ve posted this in WIP!

Rendering a version now with everyone’s suggestions in mind. I made the yolk brighter yellow and tried to balance the SSS more. I also bit the bullet and modeled the egg white the way I should have from the beginning: I made it cover the yolk like an envelope and used material settings to make it look like the membrane joseperez suggested in his reference images. I’ll post it later today.

Version 8, now with yolkier yolk and manifold egg whites.

looks much better!

Looks really appetizing! IMO you got the first one right.

Are you on the LCHF diet, then? My blood sugar levels are slightly elevated and I’m considering a no carb diet but maybe I should try low carb first.