Something to make the game engine more interesting place...

I was thinking of contests for low-poly modelling… The game making contest is fun but time taking so I thought that maybe simple contests are needed…
I don’t want to post this topic to the speed modelling contests, because I was more like thinking of modelling game characters, game interior or exterior…
There would be no prize…(I haven’t much money) We would do this just for fun and since nothing much is going on in the game engine forum it would be a good idea…

• the contestants should post pictures of their work that is rendered in the game engine…

The theme of the contest is Easter… all contestants will have to model an easterbunny some eggs and some ambience(simple)…
The theme can be horror/sweet/nice/… easter, whatever you want…(the bunny can be bleeding or doing whatever you want).

The main point of this contest is to see what can be made with and for the game engine and how low-poly can people keep their models…

If somebody has a better idea to boost up the action in the game engine forum then tell me… :-?

A Nice idea, I’ll try to model something if my moms laptop allows to use blender. Last time I wasn’t able to click any button. But I’ll try, and are textures needed? cause the laptop I’m on doesn’t have a good painting program. :-?

I remove the dust of my lasts years idea to model a zombie bunny, no promissing I’ll make it.

About speed modeling contests, it would be cool to have each month a contest, based not only on models, but also enviroments and such. Would be cool. It’s not the idea that winning is the 1st place, but I love to do it because I like modeling low-poly chars, it skills up your modeling skills a lot. :stuck_out_tongue:

textures are very important but it would be nice to see them textured…
I hope to just use polls for finding out the winner, no prize of course because I’m thinking of it as a small contest to show ur skills… Only thing you will get out of this is fame …

I’m in, I’ll probably go for something really weird and far fetched.

I wont participate in this contest, but here is my work that I have managed to cook up… a simple render and a picture of a game engine render…
http://www.hot.ee/xintoc/ingamerender.jpg
http://www.hot.ee/xintoc/render.jpg

edit

the bunny is rigged…

the deadline will with the 1st of April…

I am pulling out, sorry, but it was just horrible, I am going to learn a bit more about game lighting before I enter.

I am pulling out, sorry, but it was just horrible, I am going to learn a bit more about game lighting before I enter.

That’s bad… but what’s there to know about game lighting… just use lamps and I u want the same lighting that I have then you can always make alpha textures that have light beams…