Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    Manuel: I have figured it out as user error...I had clothes mirrored. Applied mirror modifier and works fine! But still have issue with model popping through clothing. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by SHABA1 View Post
    BTW how did you get the hair on the model in this video? I thought all the models that were created with ManualLabs were bald and then you had to use blender's native particle system to add hair. Am I correct or have I missed something?
    The model in the muscle video uses just a nice texture. Anyway in next release of lab I will include a better proxy system optimized for clothes and hair + a basic hair library. Take a look: http://www.manuelbastioni.com/wip_16...ir_library.php
    My open source Blender addon to create 3D humans: www.manuelbastioni.com

Originally Posted by IPv6 View Post
    I ended up wroting internal "skeleton alignment tool" (with automatical bone rolls resetting to 0, etc)
    Can you better explain? The current retarget system already assigns to the lab skeleton the same roll angles of the loaded skeleton. Usually the problems are caused by a wrong bone mapping.

Originally Posted by WhoiLLa View Post

Could You explain the order & methodics of manual ajdusting default body to prepared 2D so that it would be processed by "automodeling" with acceptable (can be fixed in next iteration) distortions ? From which body part to start, which proportional radius to use on each step, which and when and how much mesh vertexes to drag...
    The automodelling (and measure) feature will be improved a lot in the future. At the moment you have to think to it as a quick shortcut to define most of the character feature without modify by hand tens of body parameters. It's designed to "repair" the model so the technique used to deform the mesh is not so important. The general rule is to define a character avoiding exaggerate deformations, then use the automodelling, then refine the character using the usual body parameters.

Originally Posted by pzzs7f View Post
    But still have issue with model popping through clothing. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Just use the standard mask modifier for the parts under the clothes: https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/d...highlight=mask

Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Can you better explain? The current retarget system already assigns to the lab skeleton the same roll angles of the loaded skeleton. Usually the problems are caused by a wrong bone mapping.
    Same roll angles as in donor armature means i can`t use poses with DIFFERENT rolls (in rest positition) on same skeleton.

My case is like this:
    1) make a bunch of poses in Daz3D and export as BVH
    2) apply poses to MB figure and save in pose library for later use.
    And if rolls are not the same (between poses) - i can`t save them in pose library and exchange at will, since bone rotations expect specific rolls which are not saved at all. So i just resets roll to zero on all poses before applying them to MB, making them "uniform". With ugly trick described here, in case you are curious
    https://blender.stackexchange.com/qu...on/87779#87779

And yes, current MB algorithm maps DAZ skeleton bones with errors. But it`s ok, DAZ3D skeletons (inside exported BVH) are kind of strange // imho

Originally Posted by IPv6 View Post
    So i just resets roll to zero on all poses before applying them to MB, making them "uniform". With ugly trick described here, in case you are curious
    And yes, current MB algorithm maps DAZ skeleton bones with errors. But it`s ok, DAZ3D skeletons (inside exported BVH) are kind of strange // imho
    Thank you, a very interesting feedback.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536