Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,281 to 1,289 of 1289
  1. #1281
    The new website's face-lift looks great Manuel!

    I'm curious what kind of funding system you have in mind. I also have an idea (but don't know how feasible). Since you spend so much time on the topology and the add-on itself, managing assets might be hard. You could set-up a website hosting files like hair, clothes and texture assets that work with your add-on created models. If the original authors would like to have money for creating those assets, you could charge them 20% of the buy price for hosting and discovery or something?



  2. #1282
    Member Blenderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunshine coast, Australia
    Posts
    807
    I know this has been asked a bunch of times, but I'm interested to hear if your position is still the same as it has been in previous years...

    You talk in your license about not wanting people to use your content in character builders in closed source games because you don't want them replicating the functionality of MH, but if you can't export a built character from the game how is it in any way a competitor for MH?

    What's the difference between having static versions of MH characters in a game with giant huge titles at the start giving credit to you for them and having dynamic versions of the MH characters if you still get (well deserved) credit for them?

    Asking for a friend
    It's all fun and games until someone electrocutes the pilot. Then it's like, Dude. Is that a jumping castle?



  3. #1283
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,200
    Originally Posted by GCharb View Post
    Just curious here, has anyone tried MBL with the free Faceware software?

    http://facewaretech.com/
    Too Rich for my budget. And I know it may seem obvious, but when I went to the site all the banners and frames and sliding windows had me confused so I really could not determine WHAT THE SOFTWARE DOES . One good thing was that one of their banner adds led me to a netfilx series called "Altered Carbon" that I then started watching and am now hooked on.
    At some point in life you stop being the man you are and start being the man you always wanted to be. ------ Bruce Springsteen.



  4. #1284
    Member GCharb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    424
    Originally Posted by SHABA1 View Post
    Too Rich for my budget. And I know it may seem obvious, but when I went to the site all the banners and frames and sliding windows had me confused so I really could not determine WHAT THE SOFTWARE DOES . One good thing was that one of their banner adds led me to a netfilx series called "Altered Carbon" that I then started watching and am now hooked on.
    The software takes a video of a face and animates the 3D model, it can be used on any facial rigs, either bones, blend shapes, or a mix of both!

    You can get the full software and use it for free for non profit!
    2D/3D animator and concept artist from Montreal, Canada
    Mad Steam Studio



  5. #1285
    Member Manuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,111
    Originally Posted by NumesSanguis View Post
    The new website's face-lift looks great Manuel!
    Thank you!

    Originally Posted by NumesSanguis View Post
    I also have an idea (but don't know how feasible).
    It's not feasible due to the big amount of administrative resources and bureaucracy that it requires.
    My open source Blender addon to create 3D humans: www.manuelbastioni.com



  6. #1286
    Member Manuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,111
    Originally Posted by Blenderer View Post
    What's the difference between having static versions of MH characters in a game with giant huge titles at the start giving credit to you for them and having dynamic versions of the MH characters if you still get (well deserved) credit for them?
    Sorry, I left the MH project in 2016.
    My open source Blender addon to create 3D humans: www.manuelbastioni.com



  7. #1287
    Member Blenderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunshine coast, Australia
    Posts
    807
    Gah, I mean MB characters =P
    It's all fun and games until someone electrocutes the pilot. Then it's like, Dude. Is that a jumping castle?



  8. #1288
    Member Manuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,111
    Originally Posted by Blenderer View Post
    Gah, I mean MB characters =P
    OK.

    Originally Posted by Blenderer View Post
    You talk in your license about not wanting people to use your content in character builders in closed source games because you don't want them replicating the functionality
    This is not entirely correct. See the faq 1.11: How many lab characters can I mix in a closed source character editor?
    My open source Blender addon to create 3D humans: www.manuelbastioni.com



  9. #1289
    Member Blenderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunshine coast, Australia
    Posts
    807
    Ok, that could be interesting... it could be like pick a mother and the father to generate your character from
    It's all fun and games until someone electrocutes the pilot. Then it's like, Dude. Is that a jumping castle?



Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •