Lattice inside Lattice

This is my second day using blender and I was wondering,

I have an object controlled (or child to a Lattice), this object is attached to a bigger object… I want to control this bigger object with a Lattice, and plus with this same Lattice control the other Lattice.

Question: Can I make a Lattice parent of another Lattice?

It takes about as long to try it as it does to type the question.

GreyBeard

I did try it, yet when I assign a parent (or lattice) to an object, then when assign another lattice to control that lattice… the original object losses control from the first lattice.

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to see a list of objects listing who is parent or child to whom?

I should rephrase the first question: Is there a way to make a Lattice parent of another Lattice? If so, How? %|

Is there a way to make a Lattice parent of another Lattice?

Yes, You can make a lattice a parent of another lattice but the parent lattice won’t deform the child lattice. Moving and rotating etc. will behave with the normal parent child relationship however. I just tried it with a cube and two lattices.

is there a way to see a list of objects listing who is parent or child to whom?

Select the outliner window then select view->outliner in the window header menu.

GreyBeard

No, you can’t parent a lattice to a lattice (well you can but the parent doesn’t deform (only transforms) the child) for the purpose you mention.

Open an Outliner window and the Children will be in the same branch as the Parent. You can also see the Parent links in the Schematic (View >> Schematic in the Outliner header), but they’re not as obvious.

%<