Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1180
    Originally Posted by MickHanks View Post
    It seams when I add and object I automatically go into edit mode, even with Pref/Editing/New Object: Enter Edit Mode unchecked. Also the same Enter edit mode is unchecked in my EPM setup. anyone else?

bpy.ops.mesh.primitive_cube_add(view_align=False, enter_editmode=False, location=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0))
    The code works for me (cube stays in object mode).

I just bought it.

I read 25 pages of this thread and I cannot imagine skipping out on this opportunity. I have some questions still, but for this price... just buying it and will dig up the answers myself. I figure that, at the very least, I'm casting my vote for a UI development direction via my dollars. At most, I finally get to make some simple (or complex) custom processes that will get me bypassing some of the tedious processes. This thread is proof that I'm not alone in my thinking.

I do have concerns about if/when this addon reaches EOL, as I'm guessing that the pie menus created cannot be used if one does not have this addon... ? I always get a little spooked when depending upon external tools, especially when they are at the core of my workflow, but this is open source, soooo... I'll invest. I subscribe. I support. I'm in!!

As a bonus / consequence of using this tool, I expect to be learning a lot about Blender's UI and python programming. I expect I'll be back with some questions, assuming I don't find answers in the other 30+ pages of this thread that I haven't yet read. I've already seen so much gold in this massive Q&A / F.A.Q. So much.

As an ex Maya user, I feel that pie menus (unless there's something better I haven't heard of) is THE way to go. Working with gestures instead of reading distracting lists of menu options and potentially minimizing UI clutter. Distractions don't just stack up, they can cut you off, even the little ones. For anyone wanting to really understand the benefits of turning little thinking tasks into muscle-memory actions: I recommend reading The Myth of Multitasking. It's shocking how even micro distractions can affect someone's progress. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...f-multitasking Sharing this, in case someone else is seeing this thread and wondering "Is it really that advantageous to use custom pie menus?" Yes... yes it is. I used them so much in Maya, I had a lot of difficulty when I had to try and use a vanilla configuration of Maya (thus the above "concern"). It was core to how I worked and made me a pretty fast rigger.

Thanks roaoao for, what I expect will be, a truly life-changing tool. So excited to dive in.

- Jer
    Last edited by verbal007; 10-Jan-18 at 18:35.

Originally Posted by verbal007 View Post
    I just bought it...
    It's not just the pie menus, this addon does so much more, check out the panel stuff it can do It even makes modal operators for you. I couldn't imagine blender without it now.

Originally Posted by Way2Close View Post
    It's not just the pie menus, this addon does so much more, check out the panel stuff it can do It even makes modal operators for you. I couldn't imagine blender without it now.
    Ooooh yeah, I saw that, and I hear ya. I since shared that specific component to someone, shortly after my little write-up. I specifically remember saying, "And it's not just pie menus... " I am really blown away by this add-on. "Must have", doesn't cover it. Interface Interface Interface. Starts with the plastic things we hold... and fortunately drawing tablets are fairly widely used, so I can start to migrate away from the mouse. I believe my whole career (bread n butter) was based on my ability to skin characters quickly and effectively... and *that* was enabled by methods and really good tools. Some I wrote myself and some were supplied by other generous tech artists. All of them were encapsulated in easy-to-access UIs. Little off topic perhaps... but yeah. I saw it, and thanks for making sure I did... because... WOW. I'm geeked.

New User
    How can i map brush strength on hotkeys? Example + = 0.1, - = -0.1

Originally Posted by verbal007 View Post
    I do have concerns about if/when this addon reaches EOL, as I'm guessing that the pie menus created cannot be used if one does not have this addon... ?
    Hi, verbal007.
    Yes, you have to install PME to be able to use created pies. Several users requested a feature to export the pies as a standalone addon. But I don't think it's a good idea. Blender API can be changed in the future. Which means that all exported addons will be broken.

Originally Posted by amb View Post
    How can i map brush strength on hotkeys? Example + = 0.1, - = -0.1
    You can use stack keys to assign hotkeys to the code (increase/decrease brush strength):
    Code:
    ups = C.tool_settings.unified_paint_settings; brush = ups if ups.use_unified_strength else paint_settings(bl_context).brush; brush.strength += 0.1
    Code:
    ups = C.tool_settings.unified_paint_settings; brush = ups if ups.use_unified_strength else paint_settings(bl_context).brush; brush.strength -= 0.1

New User
    Thank you roaoao, your work incredible

Originally Posted by roaoao View Post
    [/U]
    Hi, verbal007.
    Yes, you have to install PME to be able to use created pies. Several users requested a feature to export the pies as a standalone addon. But I don't think it's a good idea. Blender API can be changed in the future. Which means that all exported addons will be broken.
    I hear you. Well, *if* that time ever comes I expect there will be a "power vacuum" and there may be other developers jumping at the opportunity to update and/or recreate these tools. In the meantime, I will enjoy the incredible workflow efficiencies that PME allows. So much careful thought was put into this toolset. It's like a combination of tools I had developed, or planned development for, in Maya... except you have managed to link them all up into a SINGLE tool. Gah... words are failing me here. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Hi, Blender 2.79 msi, Win 8.1, Scorpio and love walks in the rain.

PME changed my life, thanks, Here's an issue with a Popup menu and Row Spaces (See image). If I remove the row spacer between the third and fourth rows the buttons disperse in the PIE view.

thanks, mick

PME.png

Here's an issue with a Popup menu and Row Spaces (See image). If I remove the row spacer between the third and fourth rows the buttons disperse in the PIE view.
    Yes, it's a Blender's UI issue. Will try to fix it in Blender 2.79a+

roaoao, no biggy, just reporting it. Thanks for PME.

Are people making there own icon? If yes what size and what software?

Are people making there own icon? If yes what size and what software?
    Yes, you can use png images (32x32) as custom icons. Move them to ./icons sub-folder.
    Software: Gimp, Inkscape, Blender, Photoshop...

Originally Posted by Way2Close View Post
    Yeah, I'm agree. This add-on seems to have no limits. For example, since I'm working with armatures/rigs for animation now, I discover more possibilities with it. I'm exploring new buttons for to control bones constraints influences for exemple. This mean avoid the tedious process of creating drivers associated to other control bones.

....but after some test, there's a "wall" that don't let me achieve that . The point is, that in animation, is not only to change that kind of properties but also automatically to add a keyframe in the timeline for that specific change.

the "Automatic keyframe insertion" works fine for that. But only works if changing that properties manually. Exist some way for the "automatic keyframe insertion" also detect any changes made by pressing pie menu buttons?...
    Last edited by rhyging5; 16-Jan-18 at 14:32.

Originally Posted by rhyging5 View Post
    The point is, that in animation, is not only to change that kind of properties but also automatically to add a keyframe in the timeline for that specific change.
    What code are you using for the properties?

basically a command like that, which is the influence slide bar of a bone constraint:

bpy.context.object.pose.bones["DEF foot"].constraints["Copy Rotation"].influence = 1

Originally Posted by rhyging5 View Post
    basically a command like that, which is the influence slide bar of a bone constraint:

bpy.context.object.pose.bones["DEF foot"].constraints["Copy Rotation"].influence = 1
    We have to use python script in this case:
    Code:
    bpy.context.object.pose.bones["DEF foot"].constraints["Copy Rotation"].influence = 1; bpy.context.object.pose.bones["DEF foot"].constraints["Copy Rotation"].keyframe_insert("influence")

just a random thought .....is it possible to create our own props , like bool prop or enum prop , or collection prop ..

Originally Posted by draguu View Post
    just a random thought .....is it possible to create our own props , like bool prop or enum prop , or collection prop ..
    I'm going to add this feature in PME 1.15.0

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859