The website is all messed up

Hello. So my issue is that the forum is all messed up for me the past 2 days. Seems like everyone else is posting without any issues so I have no idea if it’s normal or theres something wrong on my end. I get the same messed up look both on my pc ( chrome and edge / win10 ) and my android device. And the biggest issue isn’t that everything looks messed, I cant even post anywhere, getting an error that my messages are too short. Now I switched to the mobile theme on my pc and it seems like it’s working, kinda, but it’s not really a solution. Anyone got an idea? I tried to download firefox, deleted cache and everything but nothing would help.

And the biggest issue isn’t that everything looks messed,
??

getting an error that my messages are too short.
There is a 10 ? letter minimum post limit

Check browser settings, extensions, scripts etc

My bad, I should’ve started right away with some images of what my issues are. There we go, 2 images of the site overall, and what I mean about messed, and one where I try to post something.

As you can see, 2 browsers and the same issue. I don’t really use any extensions or what not, tried with mozilla aswell that I installed just for the purpose of testing this, run ccleaner to delete everything from my pc from temp files to cookies/ browser cache. I really ran out of ideas. I don’t have any issues with any other website, even went through some other vbulletin forums and all of them show up properly.
Appreciate your feedback, and if you got any other ideas I’ll be glad to hear them.

The same problem here. I am on Firefox - ctrl f5 does not help either.

Ok so since I wasnt the only one, and I figured that MaraCz was from outside the states aswell, I thought I’ll give a go at a proxy server. Installed Hola extension on chrome, and now that I browse the site through a US vpn, It actually works like a charm. I guess its some issue on the host or something.

I see the same mess on iPad too. It started yesterday for me. iMac works OK.
As Kosygin, I tried to reply to this thread, to confirm error on my side too. Entering this post results with error message “too short, 10characters needed” or so…

My guess on this is that the problems you’re seeing are sourced in the fact that our forum’s layout code is not responsive (that is, it doesn’t adapt itself to be more suitable for mobile devices). That said, it’s strange to see that at least one of you is seeing this on a PC. If possible, try to set your browser to force showing the desktop version of the site (since, well, there’s not really another version of it). Maybe that will help.

Hi, nope I got the same problem and it has nothing to do with responsivness. I tried several PCs, browsers, mobile phones, always screwed. I would bet much more people experience similar problems, the irony being that those who do cannot respond to this (or any other) thread because it keeps yapping that post needs to be at least 10 characters (no matter how many you¨ve written).

Please, please look into this. As it is now, the forum is unusable for me and (I bet) many others. Just sending this message was extreme pain in the behind…

This is very strange. Maybe we need to get a pass/fail matrix going on here. Here’s the information I need:

• Operating System, including version (e.g. Win7, Win10, MacOS X El Capitan, iOS9, Ubuntu 15.10, etc.)
  • Browser (include the browser’s version if you can)
  • BA theme (light or dark)
  • Functionality (works fine vs. messed up)

Here’s an example:

Arch Linux, Firefox 44.0.2, Dark theme, works fine

Win 8.1, Firefox 44.0.2, Dark theme all messed up. (no extensions enabled)

I kind of got it to work if I switch to mobile version of the site (menu at the bottom of page). I can post at least (which might help others with the same problem)
Also, I am from Europe if it may be connected as someone hinted at this in one of the first posts.

I have a feeling we need even more information.
I’m from Europe, too, but even with extensive testing…

• on Win 7 Ultimate and Home Premium, Win 10 Pro, Windows Phone 8.1 and ubuntu 14.04
  • with Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome browsers
  • via 50 MBit cable, 6 MBit DSL, LTE and UMTS connections

…I have not once encountered a breakdown of the site layout as shown in those screenshots.

Where exactly in Europe are the users with the issues?

• vklidu = Czech Republic
  • maraCZ = I’d assume Czech Republic as well
    May we see a pattern here? Some issue with an Eastern European ISP?

Heh, Czech republic for me as well :smiley: That’s starting to sound a little suspicious…

Hm, just a thought. If it appears to be a problem which has something to do with the user’s location and the site works well for the same user when watched over a proxy server in the US - it might be a problem with the CDN caches of CloudFlare. Maybe one or some of their edge servers has his cache messed up?

A thought.
Here, it seemed to be working if connected over wi-fi, while connected via cable mada a total mess and also got much slower??? Tested on two different machines, through same router.

Found it was caused by malware… resolved with the help of malware bytes.

I’m not sure location like East Europe is the case. At work on my iMac 27 OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) its OK. Today I see a mess on MacBook Pro too at home too. Previously mentioned my iPad was located also at home.
Now I’m not sure if I had a problem on Macbook Pro at the same time or if this mess came later.

OS version doesn’t seems to be the case, since I use the same OS before and after problem (OS X 10.10 - Yosemite).

I use Safari at work as at home. Tested on Chrome - the same ness.

At home we use UPC company as internet provider. At work its O2 company.
UPC do some changes in these months, but I can’t say if that is related to this issue.

At home I use wifi. Can try cable …
… so I connected cable, restarted and now I can’t switch back from Mobile version (I set before restart) to Full Site version :slight_smile:
“The requested URL /forum/index/ was not found on this server.”

Chrome that used Full Site version before restart is messed on cable connection too. Now I switched to Mobile and can’t switch back to Full Site on Chrome too.

To switch back to full site, you will have to delete cookies from browser. There is most likely an in browser setting for that but I personally used ccleaner.
And it is somehow related to location, seems like all of us with issues are from Eastern/ Central Europe, and as I said, browsing through a US proxy server solved my issues. I still have the messed look if I open the site without the proxy.

I have same problem aswell, and I’am also located in Central Europe. Everything mess up week ago.

Strange that it might be the CDN causing it. But that’s certainly not something I’d rule out. I think we have enough information to start with. Hopefully we can get this sorted out quickly.

@koxy: thanks, delete cookies helped to me. About proxy - I don’t have a clue how can I check it or switch to US proxy, its just strange it works at my studio, and I don’t think we or provider has a reason to use US proxy, but maybe I’m wrong since I’m not sure what does it mean exactly :slight_smile: Sorry

Same problem on windows, android and linux, in chrome and firefox
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11194/20160304-ggrv-191kb.jpg
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11194/20160304-1hkf-94kb.jpg
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/11194/20160304-horh-97kb.jpg
im from Ukraine