Kinect v2 supported by Blender for mocap?

Hello guys! I’m new here because I have a big dude.

Is the Kinect v2 supported by Blender? I’m talking about Xbox One Kinect sensor. This one:

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Kinect-640x353.png

Thank you so much.

Attachments

Nobody has any idea?

I think you will have to install some software to analyze Kinect information and save it to .bvh format and then open in Blender. Try looking at http://brekel.com/ .

I am very interested in this or something like as well.
I teach a high school tech class with OpenSuse.
This could be a easy way to do mocap in the lab.
Is there any reliable info for Open Source solutions?
thanks

Kumado

This is information about our experiments with Kinect. Hope, will be useful.

We tried to use Kinect for Windows SDK, it is free. But it cannot save animations into files. Just shows skeleton(-s) in the scene and demonstrates other Kinect abilities. Perhaps you (or someone else) will be able to add “save as” function to this?

We tried working with Kinect2 and Brekel trial version from their site. We came to a conclusion that 1 Kinect v.2 is not enough for mocap, because of the quality is gives. Limbs in animations are quite shaky and when the actor bends in torso, or crosses the body by his hands, body starts to get lost for Kinect and hips and spine get jerks.

We wanted to buy a second Kinect, but did not find a program, that supports multiple Kinect use. NuiCapture seems to deal with 2 Kinects. But we could not install their demo for some reason…

Hope, you’ll be more lucky in your experiments :slight_smile:

Thank you so much and I’m sorry for the late response.

Then, Is the Kinect v2 better than Kinect 1 or they’re the same for this type of mocap? I have the Kinect v2 but I don’t have the connector for the PC (it’s around $50). Kinect 1 is cheaper (less of $50 with the connector) and I want to know if there is a big difference between two models.

Thanks again!! :smiley:

Thank you so much and I’m sorry for the late response.

Then, Is the Kinect v2 better than Kinect 1 or they’re the same for this type of mocap? I have the Kinect v2 but I don’t have the connector for the PC (it’s around $50). Kinect 1 is cheaper (less of $50 with the connector) and I want to know if there is a big difference between two models.

Thanks again!! :smiley: