Atomic Game Engine

http://atomicgameengine.com
The Atomic Game Engine now Open Source under permissive MIT License!

interesting for making 3D Android/IOS games
i should really look into it but shame it uses javascripting while i only know some of python and c++ :confused:

The editor doesn’t work on Linux, even though you can compile it. AND it’s not 100% open-source. There’s a paid version just like Unity.
So, to me it’s just a nope

Sorry, tried to find on website, but what exactly is not open source about it?

@zanari
if you like to deploy for android and ios you should take a look at godot. Scripting(gdscript) is also pretty similar to python

AGE has javascript and C# bindings, but you can use C++ too. The engine AGE derived from (Urho3D) supports Angelscript, Lua and C++.

An other game engine ??? Stooooop hahaha

In the video…

Also, a message to all the devs: STOP MITing stuff, we can’t handle too many options :smiley:

It ‘had’ a paid version last I looked at it (alongside a free version that didn’t allow 3D games, but that was before they placed it under the MIT).

Anyway, the website gives the impression of a nice little engine to me (though I personally find a Godot-style workflow a bit more innovative and intuitive than the more traditional models).

Going to have to watch the video then, but you do know that it IS possible to be open source and make money from it at the same time?

Atomic looks promising. You have access to c# xamarin cross-platform api’s which looks far easier to use than Godot module extensibility model.

Demo reel