Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1784
  1. #1301
    Member lsscpp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Firenze
    Posts
    2,066
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    I'm missing that. Can you please link the patch to understand what is it and what it does?
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".



  2. #1302
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    551
    Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    I'm missing that. Can you please link the patch to understand what is it and what it does?
    https://developer.blender.org/D2598

    Looks like heading straight to master if not already done



  3. #1303
    Member Ace Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wichita Kansas (USA)
    Posts
    28,427
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    https://developer.blender.org/D2598

    Looks like heading straight to master if not already done
    A 30 percent speedup in some interior scenes (which apparently benefits both CPU and GPU modes) is nothing to sneeze at, but this thread is about the denoising feature. Anyone who wants to talk about this specific optimization can do so in the big Cycles thread or LordOdin's thread.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook



  4. #1304
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    551
    Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    A 30 percent speedup in some interior scenes (which apparently benefits both CPU and GPU modes) is nothing to sneeze at, but this thread is about the denoising feature. Anyone who wants to talk about this specific optimization can do so in the big Cycles thread or LordOdin's thread.
    Calm Down Ace, The guy just asked a quick question. Not like 5 pages about it.



  5. #1305
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    551
    Hey,

    Lukas droped some new denoise temp branch goodness a few hours back so here's a clean win x64 version with NO added extra's for testing. If you have issues with the branch let Lukas know as this is the cut down work to go into master A.S.A.P.

    https://mega.nz/#!Aw4EHIzJ!cF_2erJ2G...ajzVKMME9ENT10

    Ill release another version tomorrow with all the extra goodies for people who like to play dangerously.
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 19-Apr-17 at 20:06.



  6. #1306
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Hey,

    Lukas droped some new denoise temp branch goodness a few hours back so here's a clean win x64 version with NO added extra's for testing. If you have issues with the branch let Lukas know as this is the cut down work to go into master A.S.A.P.

    https://mega.nz/#!Aw4EHIzJ!cF_2erJ2G...ajzVKMME9ENT10

    Ill release another version tomorrow with all the extra goodies for people who like to play dangerously.
    This build (post #1305) crash to me while opening this file with a double boolean modifier applied to an object. (even activating the layer with the object if I save the file with the object in a not visible layer) This is the blend file https://we.tl/Opwpy95pUp (it works fine with the 2.78c official version of blender instead) The same problem happens with another denoiser build that I have in my PC from 08/april/2017.

    Please, send it to Lukas, if you think that this issue could be important. Thanks

    Picture 2017-04-20 13_05_35.png
    Last edited by oneloops; 20-Apr-17 at 07:45.



  7. #1307
    Great! Any Linux builds?...



  8. #1308
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    @ oneloops
    tested on d9f0066 (post #1305), OS win7 > opens ok, renders fine - no crash

    eg.



    btw, denoiser result seems & feels better on first impression



  9. #1309
    Originally Posted by burnin View Post
    @ oneloops
    tested on d9f0066 (post #1305), OS win7 > opens ok, renders fine - no crash

    eg.



    btw, denoiser result seems & feels better on first impression
    Thank you for testing it It should be a problem outside the denoiser function... I don't know, I can't open it anyway.

    Denoiser works beautifully in others tests I made, it's great !



  10. #1310
    Member lsscpp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Firenze
    Posts
    2,066
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Hey,

    Lukas droped some new denoise temp branch goodness a few hours back so here's a clean win x64 version with NO added extra's for testing. If you have issues with the branch let Lukas know as this is the cut down work to go into master A.S.A.P.

    https://mega.nz/#!Aw4EHIzJ!cF_2erJ2G...ajzVKMME9ENT10

    Ill release another version tomorrow with all the extra goodies for people who like to play dangerously.
    Btw what's new in these goodness commits?
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".



  11. #1311
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    551
    Hey,

    Lukas updated the temp denoise branch so this is the experimental version from that with as many additions as i could make.

    Lukas 20 April update:

    https://mega.nz/#!9sRCUBTL!kcvASWpmg...GR8g64OZxDvVyA

    Build includes:

    Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Blue Noise Dithered Sobol with scramble
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF
    Compositor SMAA Node
    Material Node editor New Noise lyapuno/ mandelbulb Procedural Additions



  12. #1312
    Well i like that new texture, it works on volumes too.
    Though in this latest build i get 'lighter' denoise boxes, not seen it before.
    I wonder how long it will take before someone makes clouds or landscapes with it .
    testing.pngtesting.blend



  13. #1313
    Member andywillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6
    This may be unrelated to the denoising build, and possibly something to do with my machine but with denoising turned on pretty much every render fails after a certain point with blender giving me the error "CUDA error: Out of memory in cuMemAlloc(&device_pointer, size), line 549". The scene renders fine without denoising turned on.

    I'm using windows. 2x GTX 780TI cards.



  14. #1314
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    parkbench
    Posts
    26
    This is off topic for denoising, but how fast does Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch render using progressive compared to pre patch using regular tiles?

    It would be fun to see it perform well, it really helps if a render has lots of things going on



  15. #1315
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    @ andywillers
    ^ "Out of memory" to be sure, check your GPU stats using GPUz
    (note: textures, especially HDR, are biggest memory consumers & with denoising on usage is also up)
    Last edited by burnin; 21-Apr-17 at 06:57.



  16. #1316
    Member lsscpp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Firenze
    Posts
    2,066
    Originally Posted by wowsers View Post
    This is off topic for denoising, but how fast does Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch render using progressive compared to pre patch using regular tiles?

    It would be fun to see it perform well, it really helps if a render has lots of things going on
    A strangetest, but why not trying it yourself?
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".



  17. #1317
    Member andywillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6
    Without HDR it got further but gave the same error about half way through the render. Blender tells me that peak mem on the scene is 963.75M so well within the cards limits?

    As a fallback, is there a way to denoise a previously rendered image? So I can render my scene, and then denoise it in two stages.



  18. #1318
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    parkbench
    Posts
    26
    Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    A strangetest, but why not trying it yourself?
    Because I don't have a windows machine to try these patches with, at least not until I get back to school some 200 km from here



  19. #1319
    Member lsscpp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Firenze
    Posts
    2,066
    Originally Posted by wowsers View Post
    Because I don't have a windows machine to try these patches with, at least not until I get back to school some 200 km from here
    Ehm... I guess that's a good reason!
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".



  20. #1320
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    parkbench
    Posts
    26
    Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    Ehm... I guess that's a good reason!
    Yeah if I had the build stuff process set up on my linux machine (disappeared after ubuntu upgrade) I would be testing this myself :P Guess I'll just wait until sunday when I drive back there



Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •