Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1784
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    I'm missing that. Can you please link the patch to understand what is it and what it does?
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    I'm missing that. Can you please link the patch to understand what is it and what it does?
    https://developer.blender.org/D2598

Looks like heading straight to master if not already done

https://developer.blender.org/D2598

Looks like heading straight to master if not already done
    A 30 percent speedup in some interior scenes (which apparently benefits both CPU and GPU modes) is nothing to sneeze at, but this thread is about the denoising feature. Anyone who wants to talk about this specific optimization can do so in the big Cycles thread or LordOdin's thread.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    A 30 percent speedup in some interior scenes (which apparently benefits both CPU and GPU modes) is nothing to sneeze at, but this thread is about the denoising feature. Anyone who wants to talk about this specific optimization can do so in the big Cycles thread or LordOdin's thread.
    Calm Down Ace, The guy just asked a quick question. Not like 5 pages about it.

Hey,

Lukas droped some new denoise temp branch goodness a few hours back so here's a clean win x64 version with NO added extra's for testing. If you have issues with the branch let Lukas know as this is the cut down work to go into master A.S.A.P.

https://mega.nz/#!Aw4EHIzJ!cF_2erJ2G...ajzVKMME9ENT10

Ill release another version tomorrow with all the extra goodies for people who like to play dangerously.
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 19-Apr-17 at 20:06.

Hey,

Lukas droped some new denoise temp branch goodness a few hours back so here's a clean win x64 version with NO added extra's for testing. If you have issues with the branch let Lukas know as this is the cut down work to go into master A.S.A.P.

Ill release another version tomorrow with all the extra goodies for people who like to play dangerously.
    This build (post #1305) crash to me while opening this file with a double boolean modifier applied to an object. (even activating the layer with the object if I save the file with the object in a not visible layer) This is the blend file https://we.tl/Opwpy95pUp (it works fine with the 2.78c official version of blender instead) The same problem happens with another denoiser build that I have in my PC from 08/april/2017.

Please, send it to Lukas, if you think that this issue could be important. Thanks

Picture 2017-04-20 13_05_35.png
    Last edited by oneloops; 20-Apr-17 at 07:45.

Great! Any Linux builds?...

@ oneloops
    tested on d9f0066 (post #1305), OS win7 > opens ok, renders fine - no crash

eg.

btw, denoiser result seems & feels better on first impression

Originally Posted by burnin View Post
    @ oneloops
    tested on d9f0066 (post #1305), OS win7 > opens ok, renders fine - no crash

eg.

btw, denoiser result seems & feels better on first impression
    Thank you for testing it It should be a problem outside the denoiser function... I don't know, I can't open it anyway.

Denoiser works beautifully in others tests I made, it's great !

Hey,

Btw what's new in these goodness commits?

Hey,

Lukas updated the temp denoise branch so this is the experimental version from that with as many additions as i could make.

Lukas 20 April update:

https://mega.nz/#!9sRCUBTL!kcvASWpmg...GR8g64OZxDvVyA

Build includes:

Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Blue Noise Dithered Sobol with scramble
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF
    Compositor SMAA Node
    Material Node editor New Noise lyapuno/ mandelbulb Procedural Additions

Well i like that new texture, it works on volumes too.
    Though in this latest build i get 'lighter' denoise boxes, not seen it before.
    I wonder how long it will take before someone makes clouds or landscapes with it .
    testing.pngtesting.blend

This may be unrelated to the denoising build, and possibly something to do with my machine but with denoising turned on pretty much every render fails after a certain point with blender giving me the error "CUDA error: Out of memory in cuMemAlloc(&device_pointer, size), line 549". The scene renders fine without denoising turned on.

I'm using windows. 2x GTX 780TI cards.

This is off topic for denoising, but how fast does Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch render using progressive compared to pre patch using regular tiles?

It would be fun to see it perform well, it really helps if a render has lots of things going on

@ andywillers
    ^ "Out of memory" to be sure, check your GPU stats using GPUz
    (note: textures, especially HDR, are biggest memory consumers & with denoising on usage is also up)
    Last edited by burnin; 21-Apr-17 at 06:57.

Originally Posted by wowsers View Post
    This is off topic for denoising, but how fast does Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch render using progressive compared to pre patch using regular tiles?

It would be fun to see it perform well, it really helps if a render has lots of things going on
    A strangetest, but why not trying it yourself?

Without HDR it got further but gave the same error about half way through the render. Blender tells me that peak mem on the scene is 963.75M so well within the cards limits?

As a fallback, is there a way to denoise a previously rendered image? So I can render my scene, and then denoise it in two stages.

A strangetest, but why not trying it yourself?
    Because I don't have a windows machine to try these patches with, at least not until I get back to school some 200 km from here

Originally Posted by wowsers View Post
    Because I don't have a windows machine to try these patches with, at least not until I get back to school some 200 km from here
    Ehm... I guess that's a good reason!

Ehm... I guess that's a good reason!
    Yeah if I had the build stuff process set up on my linux machine (disappeared after ubuntu upgrade) I would be testing this myself :P Guess I'll just wait until sunday when I drive back there

Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast