Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1764
    So just to be safe: Is it 100% certain that denoising is coming to 2.79, and is it already in Blender master now? Because if so... at long last <3

Originally Posted by MirceaKitsune View Post
    So just to be safe: Is it 100% certain that denoising is coming to 2.79, and is it already in Blender master now? Because if so... at long last <3
    Denoising (an initial version at least) is slated for inclusion in 2.79.

But it's not in master quite yet (Lukas is still working on that).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    Denoising (an initial version at least) is slated for inclusion in 2.79.

But it's not in master quite yet (Lukas is still working on that).
    Wonderful news indeed then... thanks

Has anyone tried the denoiser with volumetrics? It blurs everything a lot.

Hi chafouin, work fine here in temp-cycles-denoiser branch
    but I make only quick smoke test.
    Do you have an example .blend?

Cheers, mib
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.1/64 i5-3570K 16 GB Blender 2.7 Octane 3.03
    GTX 760 4 GB, GTX 670 2 GB Driver 375.26 | Blender for Octane

Have you tried with geometry inside the volume? Can't really share the blend, but here is how it looks. Lowered the strength to -1, and the half window to 4, using NLM weights. Maybe it is a hard case to denoise, I may give a try with Renderman denoise.

denoiser.jpgdenoiser02.jpg

Originally Posted by chafouin View Post
    Have you tried with geometry inside the volume? Can't really share the blend, but here is how it looks. Lowered the strength to -1, and the half window to 4, using NLM weights.
    What's the date of your Blender build?

Since the last experimental build, a number of factors that could cause over-blurring were either improved on or fixed.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

hes right volume textures (smoke/fire) and denoising doesnt work properly at the moment (check out the passes - depth, albedo etc.)

Originally Posted by nudelZ View Post
    hes right volume textures (smoke/fire) and denoising doesnt work properly at the moment (check out the passes - depth, albedo etc.)
    I thought Lukas said the denoiser uses its own feature passes instead of the ones that can be enabled by users (unless I missed something)?

Again, I don't think he can accurately determine the issue if people don't tell him the date of the build they are using (because newer builds may already have it resolved).

well check the denoiser passes i told lukas the same a few weeks ago

look at the domain boxes

denoiser_smoke.jpg

1. final image
    2. normals
    3. albedo
    4. shadow a

I have the build from tungerz, December 20th: http://graphicall.org/1190

I have the build from tungerz, December 20th: http://graphicall.org/1190
    Pretty sure December 20 is extremely outdated. The latest build should be a few days old.

Originally Posted by MirceaKitsune View Post
    Pretty sure December 20 is extremely outdated. The latest build should be a few days old.
    There is no build just a few days old (last one is over a month old I believe).

The Volume issues is a tricky one, I think there's a good chance transparent shadows with volumes has been broken for a long time in certain cases, infact transparent shadows seem to be a real problem. Some major changes have been made to transparent shadows in cycles master lately ( such a pain in the ass) and has broken a lot of other stuff been worked on by other people in patch's.

Any big changes for new features are going to touch kernel shader.h, any real intersection code for shadowing, volumes, transparent shadows, SSS, CPU & GPU general intersection code has also been broken by these changes, and as far as i can see most changes were only to speed up cpu or cuda on this front and neither seem any faster with tests ive done ( and some of the ifdef's stuck in the middle of intersection code for volumes etc seems really hacky. Would prefer such major intersection changes not be pushed in master like that again without PROPER testing. I think it was to try to make CPU and GPU transparent shadow's more similar, but doesn't seem a good solution to me.

I think to be honest after looking through the OPencl SSS patch, the reason it performs different from cpu is probably down to base code in cycles rather than mistakes in the patch, these changes are probably to try to deal with that issue and others.

There is no build just a few days old (last one is over a month old I believe).
    I would gladly try a more recent build, but there isn't one on Graphicall. Where can I find it?

Wow. I downloaded the denoiser version of 2.77 and the results are amazing! I'm using volumetrics in my scene and at 55 samples, while it's taking a long time, I'm getting stellar results. Please roll this into 2.78c, please!

I would gladly try a more recent build, but there isn't one on Graphicall. Where can I find it?
    There isn't a recent one anywhere, the only way to get one is to roll your own build from the temp denoiser branch, but don't ask me as I don't do that.

There isn't a recent one anywhere, the only way to get one is to roll your own build from the temp denoiser branch, but don't ask me as I don't do that.
    If you (Tungerz) saw this thread, so please make us the new build from recent commit! Thanks Tuni!

What is the status of this project?

Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast