Page 56 of 89 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1776
    Would be nice with some presets!

Last edited by YAFU; 28-Mar-17 at 07:29.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

A new experimental branch build is coming
    https://developer.blender.org/rB82bc...8229bc00f8531b

The denoising results should only become better with the improved sampling stuff that comes with it in the build (the dithered sobol method).

EDIT: Win64 builds are available (and it looks like Tungerz actually built an old revision because the UI in this one does have use gradients and cross denoise)
    https://builder.blender.org/download/experimental/
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 28-Mar-17 at 14:15.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Yes, the Windows and OSX builds are finished - Linux not yet, the buildbot seems to have some problem with it.

Windows link: https://builder.blender.org/download...win64-vc14.zip
    OSX link: https://builder.blender.org/download...0.6-x86_64.zip

Contains the following features:
    - Denoising: Obviously. Should be faster and have better quality now. Oh, and the cross and gradient options are just removed in that build, the regular branch still has them - will be updated later. The options are pretty useless in the current state, so I just removed them for now. And: Multi-GPU denoising should work now!
    - Shadowcatcher: Technically in master already, so of course it's included.
    - IES: Nothing new there, same as before.
    - Dithered sampling: Nothing new there, same as before.
    - Microjittering: Nothing new there, same as before.
    - Store Viewport Render: A new button will appear in the footer of the 3D View when you're using viewport rendering that allows to save the current state of the viewport render as a render result.
    - UDIM: The Image texture node now has a UDIM checkbox. To use it, enable the checkbox - that will remove the Vector input and add a option where you can select which UV map you want to use. Then, just open the 1001 tile file and Cycles should load and use the other tiles automatically. Note that only files on your hard drive work, no packed textures.
    - AOV passes: To use them, go into the render pass options and add AOV passes, give them a name and select whether they'll store a color or just a value. Then, open your shader(s), add an AOV Output Node for every pass that you want to write from that shader, enter the corresponding name and connect/set the color/value. AOVs do not work with OSL yet.
    - Disney BSDF: Named "Principled BSDF" in this build.
    - Normal/Bump map fix: Black spots with normal and bump maps should be gone in this build due to a trick that automatically reduces strength in problematic areas.
    - Color management: The Sky, Blackbody and Wavelength nodes now produce correct results if you're rendering with non-Rec.709 primaries. Both the Blender default config and Filmic Blender use Rec.709 primaries, so for 99% of users this shouldn't matter at all. Note that this might not work with Filmic currently - please tell me if it doesn't, the fix would be easy.

wow... I didn't think that things like AOVs or UDIM are already so close!!

This is awesome, thank you Lukas!!
    Blender Cycles: Lighting and Rendering Cookbook - http://www.packtpub.com/blender-cycl...-cookbook/book
    ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/bernardo

... the denoiser is pretty simple to use - in the Sampling panel, just activate "Use LWR filtering".
    I just installed the Windows 64- vc14.zip above, but I don't see LWR in Sampling Panel (?)

How do I activate LWR? (I set it to Cycles Supported & Experimental).
    Check out BlenderPortal.com for a ton of links to Blender downloads, websites, tutorials, books, & more.

Originally Posted by 3dcal View Post
    I just installed the Windows 64- vc14.zip above, but I don't see LWR in Sampling Panel (?)

How do I activate LWR? (I set it to Cycles Supported & Experimental).
    The info in the first post is extremely outdated, I should update it eventually.

With recent versions of the denoiser, you need to enable the Denoising checkbox in the render layer options.

Thanks Lukas for the new build, the changelist is amazing, it's like Christmas in March!

Hi Lukas,
    Thanks for the new build. When trying to render, I get following error:
    Code:
    c:\constructicon\builds\gfx\two\16.60\stream\opencl\compiler\clc2\ocl-headers\build\wNow64a\B_rel\opencl12_builtins.h:11918:49: note: candidate function
    half16 const_func __attribute__((overloadable)) clamp(half16 x, half16 minval, half16 maxval);
                                                    ^
    C:\test\blender-2.78.0-git.82bcfb9-windows64\2.78\scripts\addons\cycles\kernel\svm\svm_aov.h:20:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'assert'
    is invalid in C99
            assert(kernel_data.film.pass_aov[aov] & (1 << 31));
            ^
    6 errors generated.

error: Clang front-end compilation failed!
    Frontend phase failed compilation.
    Error: Compiling CL to IR

I0329 09:28:34.133661  6612 blender_session.cpp:471] Total render time: 0.957278

I0329 09:28:34.133661  6612 blender_session.cpp:472] Render time (without synchronization): 0.957278
    Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    Specs: 2x RX480, i7 6700, 16GB of DDR4

Originally Posted by lukasstockner97 View Post
    - Normal/Bump map fix: Black spots with normal and bump maps should be gone in this build due to a trick that automatically reduces strength in problematic areas.
    Hello Lukas, what is this? Is it related to this issue?
    And IF True THEN IF You like to type a little=1 THEN can you explain how you did the trick?
    Last edited by lsscpp; 29-Mar-17 at 04:43.
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

Can anyone confirm that the kernels compile without an error when rendering with amd gpu? I get an error.

A bug report

Some materials cause black squares to plague the denoised render.

I attach denoised and non-denoised and a .blend file.

Denoise Bug 01.blendB.jpgA.jpg
    loopduplicate wrote:
    "You are possibly the greatest hero ever and the world would owe you all their gold and frankincense if you release the kick arse MIDI blender deal thingamabob plugin script music video maker dream heaven on a stick."

I can reproduce that problem in GPU on linux, even I get much more of the small black squares than you, everywhere. It seems related to the World settings.
    With CPU it seems to be working fine.
    Last edited by YAFU; 29-Mar-17 at 06:39.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

In the new build there's a strange halo visible against the background around the edges of objects when you raise the gamma.

Hey Lukas, I noticed your commit replacing the weighting values with a checkbox, I don't know if that is the solution to those weighting values since I just discovered the secret to how they work.

I have found for myself (and for reference to other users).

• The weighting adjust value should always be negative (improved edge detection overall especially in reflections, it also helps resolve issues of halos around bright features in the scene).
    • The strength value should always be above one, and have an absolute value that is smaller than the one for the weighting adjust. The reason being that the results are affected based on the ratio between the values (so a proportion of 1/1 will have less of an effect than a proportion of 0.25/1
    • Lower proportions impact edge detection in directly lit geometry, but it allows you to push the adjust value further down without causing too many untouched pixels. This also dramatically improves the detection of features that are being seen via reflecting and refracting surfaces.
    • My proposal is to have the denoising strength value be changed from an absolute value to a proportional value for whatever value is set for the adjust, and having the adjust value be always negative internally (so if the strength value is 0.25, it will be one fourth the value above 0 as the adjust value is below 0, again internally)
    • Further more, there could possibly be a second stage of denoising that works on a very tight radius and focuses on processing the untouched pixels as a result of the adjust value being low (around -2 to -3).

My idea anyway, hope this can be useful
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 29-Mar-17 at 10:21.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

After reloading the Blend the AOV's in the Renderlayer are gone.
    I must Rerender (F12)

before-saving.jpg

after-reloading.jpg

On one of my scenes (with the new build), I am now so close to being able to render it with only 2048 samples (meaning a 80-90 percent reduction in rendertime). So close to being able to render a perfectly smooth image with perfect edge detection in all regions.

2048 samples; Denoise radius of 20; Weights both set at -1
    ExDenoiseTest1.png

2048 samples; Denoise radius of 10; Weights set at 0.7 and -2.8 respectively
    ExDenoiseTest2.png

Remaining issues...
    • Fireflies can still be smeared or expanded into larger artifacts (such as the one on the right wall and a bright line in the ceiling)
    • Edge detection in details seen through reflections can still be improved (just needs a final push in this case)
    • Again, my idea about dealing with untouched pixels, It's impossible to not have untouched pixels in this case without the algorithm blurring out the details in the reflection
    • Tiles are counted twice (once when rendered and once when denoised, it leads to a total count that is twice the total number).
    • Please don't get rid of the weight values entirely (but do read my little proposal on making them easier and more intuitive to set).

I'd say it's 90 percent of the way there for basic rendering (barring issues other people are having), just needs that one last push.
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 29-Mar-17 at 16:06.

Here is a test result with the classroom scene. To properly see the noise artifacts the images need to be seen in view full size.

100 samples. Time 1:48.83.

Classroom_100samples.jpg

100 samples denoise. Time 1:56.84. Settings denoising radius: 8, strength: 1 and weighting adjust: -1.

Classroom_100samples_denoise.jpg

1000 samples. Time 17:43.31.
    Classroom_1000samples.jpg

The denoise multi-GPU is working very fast only added 8 seconds to the rendering time. The 100 sample denoise image is even a little cleaner than 1000 sample image. Pretty impressive results and time savings. I am using a 2x Nvidia Gtx780.

Great job Lukas.

Eric

Hi,

Shadow catcher doesn't work, can someone confirm it? I mean shadow catcher doesn't work with denoise on.
    adrian2608.weebly.com

Page 56 of 89 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast