Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1707

Thread: Experimental 2.77 Cycles Denoising build

  1. #1281
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    531
    @Chafoin, Dude sounds like you have issues with your machine. Ive tested on 2 machines and works on both loading the classroom benchmark. Sounds like something with your machine is destroying your files, I loaded the blend file you posted and immediately crashed Blender to desktop but have not had 1 single file on my machine do this. So bud, don't know what to tell you other than virus check your machine.
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 16-Apr-17 at 17:05.



  2. #1282
    Member Ace Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wichita Kansas (USA)
    Posts
    28,134
    3DLuver; I hope you keep making builds that just has the denoising as more commit batches from Lukas comes in. The reason I say that is that it greatly minimizes the chance of regressions appearing due to changes completely unrelated to that project (for instance, the use of images for microdisplacement does not work in the last experimental build).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook



  3. #1283
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    531
    Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    3DLuver; I hope you keep making builds that just has the denoising as more commit batches from Lukas comes in. The reason I say that is that it greatly minimizes the chance of regressions appearing due to changes completely unrelated to that project (for instance, the use of images for microdisplacement does not work in the last experimental build).
    Hey Ace,

    Yeah of course, I always keep the original branch mixed with master separate from any updates ( So the Denoise Branch with no updates is SAFE and stored away). Add an update becomes V2, Add another becomes V3 etc etc, But there all separate from each other to help track down issues.



  4. #1284

    Unhappy

    Getting this error with an GeForce 820M on Win7 Professional 64 (Cycles Denoiser V5)
    Drivers are up to date.
    cuda_error.png
    Last edited by Josť Sena; 16-Apr-17 at 17:29.



  5. #1285
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    531
    Originally Posted by Josť Sena View Post
    Getting this error with an GeForce 820M on Win7 Professional 64 (Cycles Denoiser V5)
    Drivers are up to date.
    cuda_error.png
    Cuda 2.0 & 2.1 kernels are not included with the denoise branch, Lukas removed them (and i guess for good reason, As when testing earlier branch's compiles would fail due to 2.0 and 2.1).

    If you really want your old cards to be supported you need to talk to lukas, and these old kernels are depricated really these days, you may need to beg.
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 16-Apr-17 at 17:35.



  6. #1286
    @3DLuver
    I'm really sad about it. I'm pretty sure that this decision should have a good point so I have to accept but 2014-2017 isn't a long time for a graphic card being unsuported. Thank you.



  7. #1287
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Cuda 2.0 & 2.1 kernels are not included with the denoise branch, Lukas removed them (and i guess for good reason, As when testing earlier branch's compiles would fail due to 2.0 and 2.1).

    If you really want your old cards to be supported you need to talk to lukas, and these old kernels are depricated really these days, you may need to beg.
    I'm really sad about it. I'm pretty sure that this decision have a good point so I have to accept it but 2014-2017 isn't a long time for a graphic card being unsuported. Thank you.



  8. #1288
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    531
    Originally Posted by Josť Sena View Post
    I'm really sad about it. I'm pretty sure that this decision have a good point so I have to accept it but 2014-2017 isn't a long time for a graphic card being unsuported. Thank you.
    That sounds like an old built in mobile GPU thats far older than 3 years, Try Opencl with it. You never know that may work.

    Also in Blender releases 2.0 and 2.1 are have still been supported, so if opencl doesn't work for you keep your chin up those kernels still may get added if devs can find a way to make it work.



  9. #1289
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    That sounds like an old built in mobile GPU thats far older than 3 years, Try Opencl with it. You never know that may work.

    Also in Blender releases 2.0 and 2.1 are have still been supported, so if opencl doesn't work for you keep your chin up those kernels still may get added if devs can find a way to make it work.
    Thank you!


    Tried to download the Linux version but the link provided by Jens isn't working. Does anybody have a working link?



  10. #1290
    robwesseling
    Guest
    I am not so familiar with hardware, therefore a few questions.
    a) On Windows 10 , with Geforce GT 630 , Is there a way to use OpenCL? I've read somewhere that I have to adjust the environment path, but I wonder...Isn't the driver responsible to support OpenCL? NVIDIA driver doesn't support OpenCL I believe.
    b) I am afraid I have to buy a new card then. But cannot afford one more expensive then 100 pound. Any suggestions what to buy? Do they usually write in the specifications what CUDA version is supported?



  11. #1291

    Unhappy

    Originally Posted by robwesseling View Post
    I am not so familiar with hardware, therefore a few questions.
    a) On Windows 10 , with Geforce GT 630 , Is there a way to use OpenCL? I've read somewhere that I have to adjust the environment path, but I wonder...Isn't the driver responsible to support OpenCL? NVIDIA driver doesn't support OpenCL I believe.
    b) I am afraid I have to buy a new card then. But cannot afford one more expensive then 100 pound. Any suggestions what to buy? Do they usually write in the specifications what CUDA version is supported?

    Searched a lot and couldnt find a way too. I'm using CPU right now. If you can find a way of doing it, I'd thank you. I use both Linux and Windows and didn't found a way of making it work. Since I'm using a laptop and can't afford a new computer, I think I'll have to use CPU.



  12. #1292
    Member mib2berlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,495
    Hi, search "Debug" with space bar > set "256"
    New settings in render panel "Debug"
    New setting in User Preferences > System > switch to OpenCL

    Cheers, mib
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.1/64 i5-3570K 16 GB Blender 2.7 Octane 3.03
    GTX 760 4 GB, GTX 670 2 GB Driver 375.26 | Blender for Octane



  13. #1293
    Member Ace Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wichita Kansas (USA)
    Posts
    28,134
    Has anyone tried the filter on scenes that are lit largely by indirect light (especially those that are difficult to light)?

    I have such a scene and at low to medium sample values, I tend to get a lot of regions where pixels contain negative color values (not NaN's, but patches that are a lot darker than the minimum brightness in the unfiltered tile). I know that the darkening is expected in many cases due to how things would look if sampled to convergence, but I'm pretty sure the filter shouldn't produce negative values.

    Also, sometimes when the filter processes a single firefly, the entire box of pixels around it (depending on the radius) will completely change in both tone and brightness. I don't think a single pixel should have that much influence.
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 18-Apr-17 at 20:31.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook



  14. #1294
    Member YAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,752
    I mention here something related to fireflies and old scenes. I do not remember from which Blender version "Multiple importance" sampling was enabled by default in lamps, but I have old scenes where I forgot to enable "Multiple importance" in lamps and I get very strong fireflies which are difficult to solve by denoiser in some glossy materials.
    Last edited by YAFU; 19-Apr-17 at 07:33.
    Be patient, English is not my language.



  15. #1295
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    531
    OCL_Denoise_V6_RayDivergenceReduction_PersistantSc eneData_DisneyBRDF

    This Build includes:

    Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF

    https://mega.nz/#!0g4mnI7R!FPEwOkjGp...2S4Tn6Q28kJnOg

    If you can follow the 3dluver donations link in the splash screen and buy me a beer or pizza

    Thankyou!
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 19-Apr-17 at 13:52.



  16. #1296
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    OCL_Denoise_V6_RayDivergenceReduction_PersistantSc eneData_DisneyBRDF

    This Build includes:

    Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF

    If you can follow the 3dluver donations link in the splash screen and buy me a beer or pizza

    You forgot something
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.



  17. #1297
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    531
    OCL_Denoise_V6_RayDivergenceReduction_PersistantSc eneData_DisneyBRDF

    This Build includes:

    Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF

    https://mega.nz/#!0g4mnI7R!FPEwOkjGp...2S4Tn6Q28kJnOg

    If you can follow the 3dluver donations link in the splash screen and buy me a beer or pizza

    Thankyou!



  18. #1298
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    247
    Thanks, but GTX 980 CUDA writes in this build : "Cuda binary kernel for this graphic card compute capability (5.2) not found" again



  19. #1299
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK, England
    Posts
    531
    Originally Posted by jachtarfranko View Post
    Thanks, but GTX 980 CUDA writes in this build : "Cuda binary kernel for this graphic card compute capability (5.2) not found" again
    Can anybody double check this for me, should be OK.



  20. #1300
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,561
    maxwell & pascal cards here... both working



Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •