Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1707

Thread: Experimental 2.77 Cycles Denoising build

@Chafoin, Dude sounds like you have issues with your machine. Ive tested on 2 machines and works on both loading the classroom benchmark. Sounds like something with your machine is destroying your files, I loaded the blend file you posted and immediately crashed Blender to desktop but have not had 1 single file on my machine do this. So bud, don't know what to tell you other than virus check your machine.
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 16-Apr-17 at 17:05.

3DLuver; I hope you keep making builds that just has the denoising as more commit batches from Lukas comes in. The reason I say that is that it greatly minimizes the chance of regressions appearing due to changes completely unrelated to that project (for instance, the use of images for microdisplacement does not work in the last experimental build).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    3DLuver; I hope you keep making builds that just has the denoising as more commit batches from Lukas comes in. The reason I say that is that it greatly minimizes the chance of regressions appearing due to changes completely unrelated to that project (for instance, the use of images for microdisplacement does not work in the last experimental build).
    Hey Ace,

Yeah of course, I always keep the original branch mixed with master separate from any updates ( So the Denoise Branch with no updates is SAFE and stored away). Add an update becomes V2, Add another becomes V3 etc etc, But there all separate from each other to help track down issues.

Unhappy

Getting this error with an GeForce 820M on Win7 Professional 64 (Cycles Denoiser V5)
    Drivers are up to date.
    cuda_error.png
    Last edited by Josť Sena; 16-Apr-17 at 17:29.

Originally Posted by Josť Sena View Post
    Getting this error with an GeForce 820M on Win7 Professional 64 (Cycles Denoiser V5)
    Drivers are up to date.
    cuda_error.png
    Cuda 2.0 & 2.1 kernels are not included with the denoise branch, Lukas removed them (and i guess for good reason, As when testing earlier branch's compiles would fail due to 2.0 and 2.1).

If you really want your old cards to be supported you need to talk to lukas, and these old kernels are depricated really these days, you may need to beg.
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 16-Apr-17 at 17:35.

@3DLuver
    I'm really sad about it. I'm pretty sure that this decision should have a good point so I have to accept but 2014-2017 isn't a long time for a graphic card being unsuported. Thank you.

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Cuda 2.0 & 2.1 kernels are not included with the denoise branch, Lukas removed them (and i guess for good reason, As when testing earlier branch's compiles would fail due to 2.0 and 2.1).

If you really want your old cards to be supported you need to talk to lukas, and these old kernels are depricated really these days, you may need to beg.
    I'm really sad about it. I'm pretty sure that this decision have a good point so I have to accept it but 2014-2017 isn't a long time for a graphic card being unsuported. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Josť Sena View Post
    I'm really sad about it. I'm pretty sure that this decision have a good point so I have to accept it but 2014-2017 isn't a long time for a graphic card being unsuported. Thank you.
    That sounds like an old built in mobile GPU thats far older than 3 years, Try Opencl with it. You never know that may work.

Also in Blender releases 2.0 and 2.1 are have still been supported, so if opencl doesn't work for you keep your chin up those kernels still may get added if devs can find a way to make it work.

That sounds like an old built in mobile GPU thats far older than 3 years, Try Opencl with it. You never know that may work.

Also in Blender releases 2.0 and 2.1 are have still been supported, so if opencl doesn't work for you keep your chin up those kernels still may get added if devs can find a way to make it work.
    Thank you!

Tried to download the Linux version but the link provided by Jens isn't working. Does anybody have a working link?

robwesseling
    I am not so familiar with hardware, therefore a few questions.
    a) On Windows 10 , with Geforce GT 630 , Is there a way to use OpenCL? I've read somewhere that I have to adjust the environment path, but I wonder...Isn't the driver responsible to support OpenCL? NVIDIA driver doesn't support OpenCL I believe.
    b) I am afraid I have to buy a new card then. But cannot afford one more expensive then 100 pound. Any suggestions what to buy? Do they usually write in the specifications what CUDA version is supported?

Unhappy

Originally Posted by robwesseling View Post
    I am not so familiar with hardware, therefore a few questions.
    a) On Windows 10 , with Geforce GT 630 , Is there a way to use OpenCL? I've read somewhere that I have to adjust the environment path, but I wonder...Isn't the driver responsible to support OpenCL? NVIDIA driver doesn't support OpenCL I believe.
    b) I am afraid I have to buy a new card then. But cannot afford one more expensive then 100 pound. Any suggestions what to buy? Do they usually write in the specifications what CUDA version is supported?

Searched a lot and couldnt find a way too. I'm using CPU right now. If you can find a way of doing it, I'd thank you. I use both Linux and Windows and didn't found a way of making it work. Since I'm using a laptop and can't afford a new computer, I think I'll have to use CPU.

Hi, search "Debug" with space bar > set "256"
    New settings in render panel "Debug"
    New setting in User Preferences > System > switch to OpenCL

Cheers, mib
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.1/64 i5-3570K 16 GB Blender 2.7 Octane 3.03
    GTX 760 4 GB, GTX 670 2 GB Driver 375.26 | Blender for Octane

Has anyone tried the filter on scenes that are lit largely by indirect light (especially those that are difficult to light)?

I have such a scene and at low to medium sample values, I tend to get a lot of regions where pixels contain negative color values (not NaN's, but patches that are a lot darker than the minimum brightness in the unfiltered tile). I know that the darkening is expected in many cases due to how things would look if sampled to convergence, but I'm pretty sure the filter shouldn't produce negative values.

Also, sometimes when the filter processes a single firefly, the entire box of pixels around it (depending on the radius) will completely change in both tone and brightness. I don't think a single pixel should have that much influence.
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 18-Apr-17 at 20:31.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

I mention here something related to fireflies and old scenes. I do not remember from which Blender version "Multiple importance" sampling was enabled by default in lamps, but I have old scenes where I forgot to enable "Multiple importance" in lamps and I get very strong fireflies which are difficult to solve by denoiser in some glossy materials.
    Last edited by YAFU; 19-Apr-17 at 07:33.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

OCL_Denoise_V6_RayDivergenceReduction_PersistantSc eneData_DisneyBRDF

This Build includes:

Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF

https://mega.nz/#!0g4mnI7R!FPEwOkjGp...2S4Tn6Q28kJnOg

If you can follow the 3dluver donations link in the splash screen and buy me a beer or pizza

Thankyou!
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 19-Apr-17 at 13:52.

This Build includes:

GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF

If you can follow the 3dluver donations link in the splash screen and buy me a beer or pizza

You forgot something
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.

This Build includes:

Latest Master
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF

https://mega.nz/#!0g4mnI7R!FPEwOkjGp...2S4Tn6Q28kJnOg

Thankyou!

Thanks, but GTX 980 CUDA writes in this build : "Cuda binary kernel for this graphic card compute capability (5.2) not found" again

Originally Posted by jachtarfranko View Post
    Thanks, but GTX 980 CUDA writes in this build : "Cuda binary kernel for this graphic card compute capability (5.2) not found" again
    Can anybody double check this for me, should be OK.

maxwell & pascal cards here... both working

Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast