Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1657
    Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Hey,

Lukas updated the temp denoise branch so this is the experimental version from that with as many additions as i could make.

Lukas 20 April update:

https://mega.nz/#!9sRCUBTL!kcvASWpmg...GR8g64OZxDvVyA

Build includes:

Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Blue Noise Dithered Sobol with scramble
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF
    Compositor SMAA Node
    Material Node editor New Noise lyapuno/ mandelbulb Procedural Additions
    How to use denoise in this build? There is no "Use LWR filtering" button in the sampling panel like the build in the first page

here is a test with shadow catcher and denoising, for me it looks strange.
    The groudplane is a shadow catcher-objekt, the denoiser is giving a strange result when i turn subsurface off.

build: blender-2.78.0-git.82bcfb9-windows64, 20.04.2017
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally Posted by FieryVeins View Post
    How to use denoise in this build? There is no "Use LWR filtering" button in the sampling panel like the build in the first page
    You now have a whole Denoise panel in scene properties

@animelix
    what material is sss shader assigned to?
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

the groundplane has a simple diffuse material. so there is no subsurface material in this scene...

Edit: it doesent matter witch one of the denoise-channel is deactivated, a shadow-catcher needs all of them
    !! 2. EDIT: when using the compositor and enabling premultiply the problem is gone. it's just in the renderlayer, not in the combination with an extern background-image !!

The square black-boxes dissaper when i turn off causticsShadowCatcher+Denoising2.jpg
    Last edited by animelix; 27-Apr-17 at 13:43.

Hi, I'm having also square black boxes, but disabling caustics did nothing.
    Edit:
    Black boxes only on GPU (opencl).
    AO Simplify did not work on GPU (opencl).
    Last edited by Asticles; 27-Apr-17 at 12:56.

A few new commits from Lukas

This round mainly makes the denoising process more memory efficient (especially for GPU's) and fixes a bug with shadows (probably the shadow-catcher black box issue).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

In this scene (By default, without clamp):
    https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...=1#post3072751

No black squeres (at least on Linux), but fireflies are still killing the denoiser.

I hate fireflies!
    Be patient, English is not my language.

Originally Posted by YAFU View Post
    No black squeres (at least on Linux), but fireflies are still killing the denoiser.

I hate fireflies!
    Do you have an updated version of that test you can post (the one in that post is pretty outdated and that type of NaN bug has been fixed)?
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    Do you have an updated version of that test you can post (the one in that post is pretty outdated and that type of NaN bug has been fixed)?
    What I get with the shared scene in pasteall in that post, from last "temp-cycles-denoising" branch:

Default scene, GPU, Denoising Radius = 8

Another thing, in my own compilation of that branch, that scene crash Blender with CPU when render image (even having disabled denoiser).

Edit:
    NaN bug was with CPU in Windows, supposedly it was already fixed. But I do not know, I'm testing on Linux
    Last edited by YAFU; 02-May-17 at 13:15.

Wait a minute, wasn't the denoising part I in the experimental builds here: https://builder.blender.org/download/experimental/?
    I am certain I got a March build from there that had it, has it been removed or am I imagining things?
    Paul's Law: You can't fall off the floor.

@hovercraft, an other developer create a experimental branch and "overwrite" the denoiser one.
    @YAFU, doesnt crash for me with CPU and default file.

Cheers, mib
    Last edited by mib2berlin; 02-May-17 at 15:08.
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.1/64 i5-3570K 16 GB Blender 2.7 Octane 3.03
    GTX 760 4 GB, GTX 670 2 GB Driver 375.26 | Blender for Octane

mib2berlin, Thanks for testing.
    Weird, maybe some old version of some dependency that I have on my old Kubuntu 14.04. This is the crash report for the "Vray_vs_Cycles_vs_Maxwell.blend" scene and rendering with CPU:
    http://pasteall.org/381429

Anyway scene does not crash with pbvh-painting branch that I compiled yesterday.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

@mib2berlin Thanks, I was afraid they dropped it from the next release...

BTW denoiser will really shine once it is implemented as a post-process, can't wait. Right now requiring constant re-render to tune the settings is a bit of a pain and for animation this is a lot worse. Still, one of the most powerfull features to hit Blender in the last years (for me).
    Paul's Law: You can't fall off the floor.

robwesseling
    Ahw just bought the GT730 (Have a very low budget) so I could use the Denoise build. Still I get the error message:
    CUDA binary kernel for this graphics card compute capability (2.1) not found.
    According to the website this GPU supports CUDA 3.5 and just installed the latest NVIDIA driver.
    381.89-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
    Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Update: Awhh.. its seems there are several types of the GT730:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
    Tried another branch (2.8) and gave the same error. So I suppose the problem is me: I didn't do my research...

Anyway I have then now a card that has 4 GB, and consumes less than my GT630
    Last edited by robwesseling; 02-May-17 at 17:00. Reason: update

YAFU, I donīt have a "Release" build environment too, we have to wait until it is in master.
    I can poke Lukas to look at the file if he has time.
    @Hovercraft, you are welcome, therefor I am here.

Cheers, mib
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.1/64 i5-3570K 16 GB Blender 2.7 Octane 3.03
    GTX 760 4 GB, GTX 670 2 GB Driver 375.26 | Blender for Octane

Hey, New Temp Denoise Added to Experimental branch:

Build includes:

Opencl&Cuda_GPU Denoise system (This is Lukas latest Denoise code system)
    GPU Denoise Multi GPU support (Even in Viewport, Def works for Cuda but not tested multiple Opencl GPU)
    Scramble Distance added for solbol and multi jitter (works on CPU & GPU) Also added to Supported features render tab
    Blue Noise Dithered Sobol with scramble
    Thread DiverganceSort Reduction patch (Gives 30% speedup in classromm and 8% in barcellona)
    Latest Master
    Cycles: Implement persistent storage for all scene data (Patch D2613)
    Cuda & Opencl Supported
    Disney BSDF
    Compositor SMAA Node
    Material Node editor New Noise lyapuno/ mandelbulb Procedural Additions

If you could donate to the effort I put into doing these builds for people would be very helpfull right now, In the splash screen there's a link to donate. Not had a single one.

Lukas New updated denoise: https://mega.nz/#!R9YQxCyK!oN9bnS3d1...AVF5T3q62BvACk

Edit: Also since split kernel we were told that tile size doesnt effect render speed anymore, I beg to Differ as this video shows, Also get the same with master. Is this just a Fire Pro W9100 issue or are other opencl users getting simular results?. Let me and the Devs know.

Edit 2: Also just updated OBS studio and it's doing very weird things to the screen capture this build, The video is messed but the render was the correct result. Odd! Went back to OBS 17.0.2 and works fine, So dont update OBS studio right now or your captures will DIE!

Sorry forgot the link earlier, It was late.
    Last edited by 3DLuver; 03-May-17 at 07:29.

Brecht has approved committing this for 2.79 as an official feature
    https://developer.blender.org/D2593#62446

Code review is not quite done yet, but it looks like it's getting close.

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    Hey, New Temp Denoise Added to Experimental branch:

Build includes:
    Thanks for your support / builds. Am I missing something or is the link to the new build missing?

Hey!! Thank you, that was really benificial.

Hey 3DLuver; I don't need you need to explicitly mention the principled shader and the ray divergence optimization as if they are separate patches that were applied, both are in Master now

Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast