Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1790
    New Build: https://mega.nz/#!ls5hzSYa!pwiVrHXS4...wGjLXC2AxCz0SU

Todays master with added:

MikT space speedup patch by Lukas
    Micro Jitter scramble for Sobol & CMJ
    Persistent scene data patch
    Compositor AA node
    Compositor BM3D Denoise Node

And other bits cant remember, Speed up patch works a treat.

I'm about to render quite a few animations in the coming months. I have had great success using the denoiser in master for still images - in many situations it really does a great job. I tried rendering out a few hundred frames, but though the images as separate ones looks decently noise free I get artifacts in animations. I tried to remove the animate noise I had previously been using, but I still get flickering. Maybe I just need to increase samples (for the test render, it was really low - like 32 or 36 if I remember)? Or are there other things to take in consideration when using the denoiser for animations? Have you had success in rendering animations without flickering? What settings were you using then?

Originally Posted by tobbew View Post
    I'm about to render quite a few animations in the coming months. I have had great success using the denoiser in master for still images - in many situations it really does a great job. I tried rendering out a few hundred frames, but though the images as separate ones looks decently noise free I get artifacts in animations. I tried to remove the animate noise I had previously been using, but I still get flickering. Maybe I just need to increase samples (for the test render, it was really low - like 32 or 36 if I remember)? Or are there other things to take in consideration when using the denoiser for animations? Have you had success in rendering animations without flickering? What settings were you using then?
    Lukas did some work towards cross-frame denoising (which is temporally stable and useful for animation) as part of his project, but it's not part of the 2.79 implementation and rather it will be part of the next stage for Blender 2.8 (things had to be cut or otherwise it would take too much time to make the release window).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Thank you for your reply! What would your suggestion be (for rendering an animation)? Use an old experimental build? Use latest builds and not use the denoiser? Or is it possible to get good results with the current denoiser in animations using other settings?

Originally Posted by tobbew View Post
    Thank you for your reply! What would your suggestion be (for rendering an animation)? Use an old experimental build? Use latest builds and not use the denoiser? Or is it possible to get good results with the current denoiser in animations using other settings?
    I'm not doing animation so I can't tell you what would be best, but I do know the older experimental builds would not be recommended because of bugs and quality issues that have since been fixed.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

@tobbew
    you can also try the other denoiser which is good for animation.
    https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...-or-virtualdub

Flickering will only go away if enough samples & other tricks are used, as are: baking textures, using hidden lights, AO...
    Last edited by burnin; 06-Jun-17 at 09:29.

Choosing "fixed seed" sampling may help, give it a try.
    Other than that you can experiment with avisinth scripts approach (spatial/temporal denoise)
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post

Compositor AA node

Thank you 3DLuver for always providing us with the latest patches!!!

got some denoise artifects for some version, all default denoise setting, while older test build works perfectly, newer ones generate some tiny black patches

blender-denoise-issue.png

ps they are all from https://builder.blender.org/download/, and the setting window for denoise between different build varies a little

Share your scene please (again!)

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post

Compositor AA node

Thanks for the build, the persistent data patch works on some files (BMW for example), but not on complex files (like Viktor from the official benchmark pack / gooseberry movie)
    Specs: 2x RX480, i7 6700, 16GB of DDR4

Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    Share your scene please (again!)
    ok here's it I removed HDR but the issue still presents, its that thin black line right across the mesh
    Attached Files Attached Files

@weee, Report the problem here:
    https://developer.blender.org/

Register, then hit the Report Bug button at the top left. Then follow the pre-set template form where you must enter hardware information, blender version and share your .blend file.

I get something different from what you get. I get a consistent black line in the middle after denoising.

https://i.imgur.com/YmorFpB.jpg
    Last edited by YAFU; 07-Jun-17 at 10:27.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

^Same result here, all seems clear (latest daily)

@burnin, clear but wrong, right?
    That black line should not appear in the middle of emitter reflection after denoising.

@weee, report please.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

^
    true, hadn't compared it to raw output, my bad.

Strange, seems to be ortho/perspective problem, even if perspective is used to almost orthographic like setting (ie: focal length:1500 mm, sensor size: 500) denoising result is corrupt.
    Even @ radius 1, 0, 0 strength... and in between.

Oh, seems OK @ another extreme (strength values: 1), no matter what radius or camera is used, black line is gone.

(right click to view full size image)

PS
    Another dirty trick, that sort of solves this, is higher AA value (2+).
    Last edited by burnin; 07-Jun-17 at 17:17. Reason: image attached

@weee

tested your file, and also some mine where a similar issue come out.
    To me it looks like a problem affecting only Glossy Direct denoising, when at grazing angles and in little screen space (as your thin line)

it's worth reporting imho

I think I reported something similar?

https://developer.blender.org/T51581
    Last edited by BigBlend; 08-Jun-17 at 07:08.

Originally Posted by lsscpp View Post
    @weee

tested your file, and also some mine where a similar issue come out.
    To me it looks like a problem affecting only Glossy Direct denoising, when at grazing angles and in little screen space (as your thin line)

it's worth reporting imho
    I will report, again, it was all fine in blender-2.78.0-git.82bcfb9-windows64

Page 79 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast