Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1671
    Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    In later builds, the scenes I'm working with saw the NaN/INDO problem go away completely (still a few black pixels when glass is involved, but the renders aren't peppered with them and you could perhaps remove them easily in the compositor).
    not technical savvy on this but why is 82bcfb9 completely clean of this (as far as I'm aware)?

Because it is not completely clean in other situations. I think that current problems have been introduced with the new code to get a better solution to the hard fireflies

82bcfb9:

Master:
    Be patient, English is not my language.

Yes, some of them are, but the last build is from the end of march. Since everything is changing so fast here, I believe it's outdated?

Ahhh, sorry this is a reply for YAFU: "I suppose some of these very experimental features are included here:
    https://blenderartists.org/forum/sho...tain-scenarios"

I'm trying the denoiser out in the new 2.79 test build. Is there a way we can use the various denoising data in the compositor? I have a setup that uses the Diffuse and Glossy direct passes, but they are not denoised. Is there some intended node setup to use?
    Non-Photorealistic Rendering and basic character tutorials:
    http://www.aversionofreality.com/

Originally Posted by Oscalon View Post
    I'm trying the denoiser out in the new 2.79 test build. Is there a way we can use the various denoising data in the compositor? I have a setup that uses the Diffuse and Glossy direct passes, but they are not denoised. Is there some intended node setup to use?

It will be implemented in the near future.
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.

Originally Posted by Oscalon View Post
    iirc enabling "experimental" feature set in cycles lets you see all the denoiser outputs in the compositor. Also un-denoised image should be there
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".

CrystalInWaxMineCraftWorld.jpg
    Decided to try this out, some very promising results here! Done on a higher powered laptop CPU in 35 minutes. Getting the settings right was easy, but I noticed it doesn't attempt to blur depth of field. Hoping this is easy to resolve, as shallow depth of field can be the main point of noise in an otherwise clean image.
    Overall great stuff. This is closing the noise gap between the rich and the poor!

Thats funny I got good results from Shallow DOF denies. So much so that I can use it for animation.
    Cheers, David ___________"awesome in space and other places".
    ________Follow me on twitter @3pointedit
    _____________ Check the Youtube Channel for tutorials. Or my Sketchbook

Hmm, odd. It seems to smooth out the textures for me but on the edges of objects (where DOF is most apparent) it goes noisy again. Not sure why but if you could share an example file that would be awesome.

As you can see, right above the crystal there is still the original amount of noise.

you tried different denoise settings? in combination with different AA?
    i wonder which part of denoiser takes care of AA, DOF, M-blur... ?

in latest build (cd8c466), NaNs got back & have become worse... weren't present in yesterdays built

PS
    glossy surfaces

PPS
    2.79 TestBuild1 doesn't show this flaw
    Last edited by burnin; 18-Jun-17 at 11:44.

@burnin
    3DLuver or buildbot build?
    Latest builds from buildbot are b94a433ca34 (b94a433 on filename for windows)

Do you have some scene to share so I can test?
    Last edited by YAFU; 18-Jun-17 at 12:23.
    Be patient, English is not my language.

it was today's morning build (Created on my machine @ 10:23:33 CEST)...
    had just noticed is already a different one available (f158a20 - blender-2.78-f158a20-win64-vc14.zip)... testing it now

PS
    hmm... is somewhat better, yet few black dots are still present
    Last edited by burnin; 18-Jun-17 at 14:25.

I know that the "denoising after the render" has been removed from 2.79, but is there any recent build out there that has it? I find it pretty hard to find the right values that would not create artifacts around high contrast areas.

Originally Posted by chafouin View Post
    I know that the "denoising after the render" has been removed from 2.79, but is there any recent build out there that has it? I find it pretty hard to find the right values that would not create artifacts around high contrast areas.
    You'd have to go pretty far back to find a build that has it (so it won't have critical features and fixes like the firefly removal and the prevention of NaN/INDO pixels and squares). Chances are that you would find it mostly unusable anyway because of those issues.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

MikT space speedup patch by Lukas
    Micro Jitter scramble for Sobol & CMJ
    Persistent scene data patch
    Compositor AA node
    Compositor BM3D Denoise Node
    Blender 2.8 with Eeevee.

Was playing with 2.8 and the viewport being cycles based at the moment without scramble settings to speed things up was nnoying me, So new Experimental branch with all the Denoise stuff and some extra spped patch's with 2.8 Merged in. Enjoy

New Build: https://mega.nz/#!19hHDazL!wVkZmx3UE...5arfyn3Q6BiJCs

Thanks 3DLuver!
    I have a hard time understanding why they removed the viewport render modes (wireframe, solid, textured, rendered).
    How do you render with Cycles without having the viewport rendering at the same time? I hope the answer to this is not the Pause button... Is is possible to have the Eevee viewport while still rendering with Cycles?

Thanks 3DLuver!
    I have a hard time understanding why they removed the viewport render modes (wireframe, solid, textured, rendered).
    How do you render with Cycles without having the viewport rendering at the same time? I hope the answer to this is not the Pause button... Is is possible to have the Eevee viewport while still rendering with Cycles?
    Hey, 2.8 is still in heavy dev. At present there is no way to have Eevee running in viewport and render with cycles, you have to change from one to the other. You may also find if rendering with cycles the realtime viewport window will interfere with the render output. If so just change the 3dviewport to text editor etc when rendering. Im sure the devs which are doing a great job with 2.8 will change these things as soon as possible.

Have to say Eevee is looking better than i thought it would at this point, I know 2.79 is on the way but my eyes are on 2.8 for the time Blender becomes a big boys toy.

Is is possible to have the Eevee viewport while still rendering with Cycles?
    Afaik that's the plan
    Everything's relative. Even saying "Everything's relative".