Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
Results 1,701 to 1,707 of 1707

Thread: Experimental 2.77 Cycles Denoising build

Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
    Then those details are i think to close to real noise (ea at some point it becomes a matrix x% object y% transparent.).. even with advanced gimp denoise plugins this would becomme problematic.

I think you made a great looking file there, but in this case denoising it will always get you some artifects about details.
    Therefor denoising this one isnt practical, for lots of other scenes it can work but not this one, its much alike problems with denoising hair, but this one might even be more complex then hair.
    Those types of details should be less of a problem for the Cycles denoiser than the GIMP plugins, as they should show up as details in the various maps that are generated for its use.

You can improve their detection by lowering the feature weight (not neighbor weight), you might want to use a low value.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

New Experimental build, Lukas has done some great work for networking and cycles (but still has issues, Which is obvious after creating such a great patch that even works with AWS)

Not tested yet but should work in theory, Details of how to use network rendering is at this page: https://developer.blender.org/D2808

Think when i did this build it has milan adaptive sample, Micro jitter scramble, and some other things cant remember. Ignore the adaptive contrast and id's settings as is another build not included with this,but just copied the .py files over so i dont have to keep editing them (weird, cant edit py files in VS at all,just corrupts them with wrong spacing everytime ? so i just edit py files in Blender text tool, But gets annoying so i try to avoid it)

Build from Master today with latest .diffs from above: https://mega.nz/#!Us5Uja4C!qQcBY5eID...dMXhKBGxTXkmck

People with local network machines try this out, If this works even OK then it's a big step forward.

Lucas you and your denoiser are the greatest thing since sliced bread for animating on a home computer. And, I'm speaking of a interior lit by area lamps with glass and gloss. Anyone who has ever attempted that knows noise was simply unavoidable. Not everyone is prepared to do the Pixar two days for a frame routine. I always drew the line at ten minutes per frame for some shots and still had to accept a certain amount of noise. That with a Intel i7 6th Gen.recently.

After running a 250 frame test using the default Motion Blur and 300 hundred passes I did not have any flickering. I will however use 400 passes for the final renders given the Denoiser as it is now. Oh and I might add I was using the default settings on the Denoising. Noting as Ace has mentioned it had a hard time picking up small details. But, that aside this IMHO is a game changer for hobbyist who animate. And, no doubt for small studios doing archviz walk- throughs. I hope you keep attempting to improve this guy. 2.79 rules because of this feature.

///

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    New Experimental build, Lukas has done some great work for networking and cycles (but still has issues, Which is obvious after creating such a great patch that even works with AWS)

Not tested yet but should work in theory, Details of how to use network rendering is at this page: https://developer.blender.org/D2808

Think when i did this build it has milan adaptive sample, Micro jitter scramble, and some other things cant remember. Ignore the adaptive contrast and id's settings as is another build not included with this,but just copied the .py files over so i dont have to keep editing them (weird, cant edit py files in VS at all,just corrupts them with wrong spacing everytime ? so i just edit py files in Blender text tool, But gets annoying so i try to avoid it)

Build from Master today with latest .diffs from above: https://mega.nz/#!Us5Uja4C!qQcBY5eID...dMXhKBGxTXkmck

People with local network machines try this out, If this works even OK then it's a big step forward.
    Many thanks 3DLuver,

great Build.
    It's around 8% faster than my old one.

Is there any news on the support for the denoiser with texture baking? This would be really awesome and useful!

Originally Posted by 3DLuver View Post
    The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
    -
    Hi man, thanks for your work! Could you please check the link?

1, yeah, I agree with you! Would be awesome!

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586