Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1790
    And for those of us primarily using the CPU. Decent CPU bottom feeding GPU I guess Lukas is still the man.

Why is this Redshift/Optix information relevant here?

It seems optix is free, but can it be included Cycles?

Also, again, if it’s included in Cycles, how this would affect AMD gpu’s?

Nvidia is doing all this free because it benefits them from a business standpoint, people would always choose Nvidia over AMD if they keep pushing CUDA so hard, on the other hand, if this is tensor flow and any car can compute it, obviously the new Volta cards will have some advantage with their Tensor coed, but since Tensor Flow is an open source technology I assume AMD could integrate Tensor oriented hardware in their cards, so maybe Optix could be used too...

In the end the only thing I know is that I know nothing about all this, so if someone knows something more... please chime in!

cheers.

- even if it's given for free, the license gives no one a free choice of what & how to do it - be aware of that

- CUDA doesn't work on AMD cards

- Information is relevant to prevent similar ignorance, speculations, hype...
    tho by the looks of it, many just fly through, get more confused and continue on going all "Suzzanne" (Ape) whenever they read NVidia & AI denoiser... ah well

- maybe it's about the computing system as a whole & further complexity involved for the benefit of all kind
    or maybe our greed, over secured protection & competitiveness must lead to a war & destroy the diverse & free world that's left
    Last edited by burnin; 16-Dec-17 at 06:35.

hm i can imagine why nvdia gets into this direction (since GPU's are good in NN) and there has been lots of NN creating sureal images.
    but they say they used lots of images which, sure might work, but it believe there are other options..well time will tell.
    BTW i'm not planning to use a gpu NN, rather just a small CPU net i should be enough to denoise.

Why there is no denoising for baking textures??? same thing happened with antialias, it took ages till we had it

Originally Posted by lynchon View Post
    Why there is no denoising for baking textures??? same thing happened with antialias, it took ages till we had it
    Because it requires adjustments that are not necessarily trivial to handle.

Originally Posted by Dantus View Post
    Because it requires adjustments that are not necessarily trivial to handle.
    of course i know things are not as simple as saying them, but as denoising is a postprocessing it bugs me why its diferent for baking.

Originally Posted by lynchon View Post
    of course i know things are not as simple as saying them, but as denoising is a postprocessing it bugs me why its diferent for baking.
    When you are rendering an image, the ray tracer "shoots" rays through the camera. When you are baking, there is no camera. That's why the situation is different.
    Besides that, it is mentioned in the documentation that the denoiser is not final yet.

Moderation:The discussion on a new denoising add-on has been split to this thread.

Another video of the realtime denoiser in Vray, using normals as helper

https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/expe...cxVXNOazlMUyJ9
    Last edited by heavypoly; 18-Jan-18 at 12:43.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990