[BGMC 20] Air Superiority

I strongly recommend that you update your version of blender to the latest version (2.77) if you have not already because you will experience performance issues and some features will not work for you!

My entry for the BGMC 20 is called Air Superiority. It is a game in which you are the pilot of an SU-27 and you must shoot down as many other planes as you can. There is currently only one mission to play - survival (due to the limited amount of time I had to make the game) and only one area to fly in.

Video:

I plan on making this game into an actual game with lots of maps and missions and planes, better graphics, and etc… If you want to help me with that, donating is greatly appreciated. It will help me buy valuable assets to the game. Donate at least $5 and I will send you a free copy of the game on the release date!

The flight physics are mostly complete by now and I could have cleaned a few rough edges in my code but I’m leaving for vacation today and did not have much time to do it.Download the game here!

Oh by the way, please don’t steal anything from my game:no:

Attachments

Looks great! The menu design is awesome, and Its super cool how you added leaderboards. My vote goes to you sir :slight_smile:

Yeah. I really love the menu design too. Over all the game looks great. Good work!
To add some constructive criticism:
Some times the action seems a bit too Hollywood. When you can target and shoot planes flying behind you for example.
The effects are nice but tend to have that “pearl necklace” look that old games have where you have a missile trail made up of separate balls of smoke. It’s better maybe for the trails to be shorter but thicker. Or use crossed geometric planes aligned to the missiles flight. Ive got an example somewhere…
Ah, here at the end of the video:

Wow! And you made this in 2 weeks? Incredible.

I did, thank you

Nice work! It reminds me of the Falcon games

Very polished looking entry!

The adfly link isn’t working for me. Is it possible you could upload it somewhere else (even if only temporarily), so I can put it in a pack with the rest of the BGMC 20 games?

Thanks

ok I took out the adfly so now it’s the direct download link

i love the look of the aerodynamics. seems pretty near to reality with a touch of arcade.
make the hud more transparent. and good luck for the contest.

This is Really a Great Job , nice work man i will support this project !!!
I fully agree you should make it in to a full Game. Perfect wow !!!
The Menu looks Fantastic.

Update:

I optimized a few things in the game so now it will run more smoothly on slower computers

Download the updated game here!

/.../.../.../.../Menu.blend is either already unencrypted or is not a file encrypted by this script.
Python script error - object 'Empty.2596', controller 'Python':
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "glob", line 100, in <module>
ValueError: string length out of range for attribute "fileName"
Error Totblock: 1

Hm…

Hm… Why are you trying to crack through the security of my game?

I am not. It’s just error which occurs when I run the game.

i will mess with it when I get home today. Try running stop.blend and then try playing again.

Aha… I actually download your new .blend and it seems to work better. Ask gandalf to change the .blend in the pack;)

Awesome game!
I think maybe changing the mouse controls would be good. Currently they run on an inverted (mouse goes up planes goes down, mouse goes down, plane goes up), it took me awhile to get used to that. Otherwise this is a lot of fun and could get quite addicting!

Actually they are inverted because that is how real planes fly. You pull back and the plane flies up. Anyway, thanks for playing my game so much! I got around 50 emails from the game with your name and score.

LOL Sorry!

No worries, I’m glad you enjoy the game