Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Member X-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A hidden underwater research facility
    Posts
    64

    BGMC 20 | Arctic Drones

    It is finally here - Arctic Drones! WIP Thread




    Some cool numbers - this game has:
    15 scenes, 3467 objects, 12846 logic bricks, and 0 lines of python!

    I made it primarily as an example to show that logic only games are possible. The file size is rather large, due to the large amount of packed files - but the large size is certainly worth it.

    You may be confused on level 3. The goal is to destroy land based defenses and a power plant, but due to lack of time, you need only destroy the frost beam station to progress.

    I had planned on adding much, much more, and still probably will.

    Known problems: the texture containing the "you win" and "you lose" message was not packed properly, along with the mission briefing for level 7.



    Update:
    I repacked the textures and re uploaded the blend. The level 7 mission prompt should display properly, as well as the text on the "you lose" and "you win" screen.


    Finished Blend (DropBox)
    Finished Blend (Google Drive)


    Let me know below what you think. Is there anything I could make better? What was your favorite part?
    Last edited by X-27; 01-Apr-16 at 15:50.



  2. #2
    Hi, in my game I have only two scripts-(not counting the Toon line shader script)-for the camera and the bullets. Only with logic bricks is possible to create a game, it is excellent....you say, 12846 logic bricks?Game looks nice, magnificent great job, good luck!!



  3. #3
    Also the texture on the last level briefing wasn't packed so I wasn't sure what to do, but blowing up the generator seemed to be enough.

    Over all a really great game especially for an all logic brick game.
    It played very well on my computer, no slowdowns except for then the frost drones fired a lot at me.
    It wasn't too hard, but it was pretty fun.

    Great job!



  4. #4
    Member X-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A hidden underwater research facility
    Posts
    64
    Originally Posted by Smoking_mirror View Post
    Also the texture on the last level briefing wasn't packed so I wasn't sure what to do, but blowing up the generator seemed to be enough.

    Over all a really great game especially for an all logic brick game.
    It played very well on my computer, no slowdowns except for then the frost drones fired a lot at me.
    It wasn't too hard, but it was pretty fun.

    Great job!
    Glad you liked it

    What color tank did you use?



  5. #5
    Originally Posted by X-27 View Post
    Glad you liked it

    What color tank did you use?
    Several different ones, I liked the green one, but ended up using pink.
    That was one of my favorite aspects of the game.

    It's really good, you should try publishing it on a game site like GameJolt or itch.io.



  6. #6
    Member X-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A hidden underwater research facility
    Posts
    64
    did you see the paint buckets and click on them, or did you first get the message telling you that you could? I made it so that that message is only displayed once, but if the player has already changed the color, the message is not displayed at all.



  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    146
    Hello,
    Loved your game!!! Only logic bricks amazing! A few stuff:

    1. In one level I fell off the map. Maybe if you put some boundaries or big mountains would be nice.

    2. I know that your are limited in time but maybe if you added like a propulsion when being in the air,to go a bit left or right with the Q and E key that I think would kelp the gameplay

    3. I final big Boss would be awesome. Like a mothership or a Big Tank or even a big walking colosus .



  8. #8
    Originally Posted by X-27 View Post
    did you see the paint buckets and click on them, or did you first get the message telling you that you could? I made it so that that message is only displayed once, but if the player has already changed the color, the message is not displayed at all.
    I think I accidentally clicked on the paint pots and the tank changed color.



  9. #9
    Member X-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A hidden underwater research facility
    Posts
    64
    Originally Posted by Ludovic_L View Post
    Hello,
    Loved your game!!! Only logic bricks amazing! A few stuff:

    1. In one level I fell off the map. Maybe if you put some boundaries or big mountains would be nice.

    2. I know that your are limited in time but maybe if you added like a propulsion when being in the air,to go a bit left or right with the Q and E key that I think would kelp the gameplay

    3. I final big Boss would be awesome. Like a mothership or a Big Tank or even a big walking colosus .


    1. Each level is essentially a big plane. There is nothing stopping you from falling off.

    2. I thought of quad copter like controls, to fly sideways, and it would be super easy to do to too, but I thought it might make fly mode too overpowered as compared to the slow tank mode.

    3. I actually picked out a sound effect of a large building collapsing with lots of explosions and shattering parts. I was going to add a final boss, but ran out of time



  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    somewhere north of Syracuse
    Posts
    407
    Wow. You got my vote. It would have taken me two week or more just to model and rig the tank, especially the tracks.
    I've seen the tank tracks done with array modifiers, with curve mod. I've seen them done with path constraint, could never get either working in game. How did you animate the tracks?

    I loved all the explosions and particles. It was a little too easy at first, but got harder and better.

    I got up to level 6 then fell off the edge while flying, had to use Task manager to exit, and lost my progress.
    could use a save/load.

    In my games I always provide a "fast travel" back to zero (player start) by using an arrow key and location constraints
    actuators. Just in case I fall off the mesh, get stuck, or fall through the mesh, you can get the player back to zero, and continue on without losing anything. Can also be used to escape angry enemies.

    I think you should win.
    Last edited by theoldguy; 01-Apr-16 at 09:07.



  11. #11
    Member X-27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    A hidden underwater research facility
    Posts
    64
    Originally Posted by theoldguy View Post
    Wow. You got my vote. It would have taken me two week or more just to model and rig the tank, especially the tracks.
    I've seen the tank tracks done with array modifiers, with curve mod. I've seen them done with path constraint, could never get either working in game. How did you animate the tracks?

    I loved all the explosions and particles. It was a little too easy at first, but got harder and better.

    I got up to level 6 then fell off the edge while flying, had to use Task manager to exit, and lost my progress.
    could use a save/load.

    In my games I always provide a "fast travel" back to zero (player start) by using an arrow key and location constraints
    actuators. Just in case I fall off the mesh, get stuck, or fall through the mesh, you can get the player back to zero, and continue on without losing anything. Can also be used to escape angry enemies.

    I think you should win.
    On level 6, you should have been able to press P to pause, then click on menu. you should have then been able to restart level 6.

    I made the tracks essentially by manually keyframing the movement of each segment, and playing that animation based on a property for each side of the tank.




    What color tank did you use?



  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    somewhere north of Syracuse
    Posts
    407
    What color tank did you use?
    Blue at first, then Green, I'll try red next. Still have some other games to play.

    Job well done.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •