Procedural Zelda

Looks nice so far:) you should rework the walking animation though maybe take a look at some references
Also are you trying to recreate loz oot in the bge or will it be more like a remastered version?^^’

Thank you very much!
Remaking a full version of loz oot is a lot of work…first of all i would like to rewrite the entire system of controll of link:
Now i’m concentrating on the main animations…most of them are procedural or semiprocedural…
After i will have to make the other animations where link interacts with other elements and i will have to rewrite the combat system.
I think this is more a project where i will put into practice most of the things i’ve lerned about the bge…we’ll see!:slight_smile:

…working on procedural animations

Cool. I like it.

Remaking a full version of loz oot is a lot of work!
For now this is a project where I want to put things into practice learned on BGE…We’ll see!!

Thank you!
Remaking a full version of loz oot is a lot of work!
For now this is a project where I want to put things into practice learned on BGE…We’ll see!!

Looks great and i know its all wip but still the walking animation looks strange the space between his legs is too big, his legs feet should be closer to each other. Hope you know what i mean^^" anyways keep up the great work:)

Wow nice dynamic animation!

https://youtu.be/6kvLqQ7p09g

This is looking pretty cool! Really nIce work on the ragdolls, though it’s a bit odd for a Zelda game to need ragdolls. It seems like tons of games put them in even though it’s kinda funny and unrealistic, but maybe your game will use them properly.

Procedural animations look odd, but you’re working on them, so no problems there. I wonder why you decided to go with them, though?

thank you ^^, i made this choice because I would bet a lot on the fighting and the ragdoll system ensures more variety in this sense

This is actually quite cool! The walk animation still need some work though

Legs are good but the body is too stiff

I am fully agree I’m trying to give a spring effect with every step I’ll just something good will update :slight_smile:

Yeah, you need to set up a walk rhythm, like a counter (0.0-1.0) and time the legs to move according to that rhythm.
Then you can use the same rhythm to give the body some up and down movement.

Looks good otherwise though. :slight_smile: