Nvidia Hairworks in Blender?

Is there something like this in Blender, or would it be possible to have this as an add on for the blender game engine?

The closest I can get to something like dynamic hair is by making a ragdoll with many bones all around the head, which takes a lot of time to set up, not to mention it’s totally impractical if you have more than one set up in the scene and you care about performance.

Short: No.
Long: It is possible as long as you implement it directly into the source code. Which is a hard work since the code is messy, and you need to implement it in both Blender and BGE (2 different code styles). So I think it’s better and faster to use bones with ragdoll.

Particle and cloth physics used to be possible in BGE if I remember correctly.
Not sure why they took that out. But if they kept it in and developed it further, then something like nVidia Hairworks might’ve been possible…
I’m still wondering why it was removed from the BGE.

BGE still has cloth. We can’t do particles natively, and never have been able to. But there are GPU side or custom builds of blender which did some fast ish effects. Otherwise it’s done in python

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A nice easy to use particle system using openCL or a compute shader would be nice,

also a sprite actuator (scroll uv texture by frame independantly per object)

I think it would be best if all particles used the same mesh that has max number of particle faces, and unused faces could be culled somehow, so that all particles were 1 draw call,

Also, though the physics would have to act like rigid bodies, without bloating scene.objects…

Speaking of scene.objects, is there any way to accelrate its look up? Some sort of tree?