GPU Compute Device not appearing in my build

Hello.
Using the instructions on the developers page about building blender (for noobs) and configuring cmake manually, I have always been able to build OK with the last couple Blender versions. But not 2.77.

Using the ‘make full’ batch command runs without any errors. All the dependencies have been updated. Built ok but no GPU appears int Blender.
I DID have errors installing some of the CUDA toolkit and driver installation for the video card was broken. I decided that was the problem and since my PC is overdue for an over-haul, I decided to clear off the HD and install a fresh copy of Windows. Reinstalling everything I needed and rebuilt…same problem.

I am at a loss at the moment…

Win 7 -64, i7, 32GB RAM
ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 mobo
Gefore GTX 780

I don’t know what other details from logs to post here if you would like to help me, thanks.

Cmake can be tricky at times. Did you use Cmake in CLI or with the GUI? Make sure you have Mingw and gcc installed correctly as well. Is your make file configured correctly? In most of my cases if there has been failures for me with Cmake i’d just build through Code::Blocks. Otherwise get a real operating system like Arch Linux.