34 inch Curved good for 3D creation

Hello,
i want to buy me a 34 inch curved monitor (Dell Ultrasharp u3415w).
But I worry that the grid and objects are not longer straight.
Get used to it? Unfortunately I do not have space for 2 monitors.

Hi Sair,

I was about to post exactly the same question since one of my two monitors died last week and I was looking at buying either two new 27" ones (the one which survived is over 10 years old) or the 34" curved Samsung LS34E790CNS. After watching a lot of review videos and reading up on what’s the current state of the art, I also came across the concern of curved monitors not being ideal for modeling because a “straight line” might not appear straight on-screen. The reviewers claiming this did however not demonstrate this effect but just raised it as a potential issue so I’m wondering if someone here is using one of those 34" curved ultra wide monitors for Blender work and if so, could please share how it is working out?

I know this is a highly subjective topic but still, I’d rather get concrete feedback from a Blender user than leave it up to guesswork. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Marc

you are aware that the “curved” thing IS A SCAM!!!

it adds NO added quality to the image and is 100% a marketing scheme/scam

the ONLY time yo NEED a screen that is a part of a SPHERE is a projection screen

How can you tell the curved thing is just a gimmick? When you ask the manufacturers what the curve is for and how steep of a curve is best, every single one will give a different answer. :wink:

It might well be a gimmick but has someone used Blender on one of them for a week or more? Reading non Blender related forums, there are certainly users who are happy with it.