Leviathan Fan Trailer

I’m working on recreating Deryn’s first flight from Leviathan (by Scott Westerfeld) in Blender as an animation.

As I’ve just finished my first asset, this will be my first post on this thread. I’ve modeled and rigged Deryn using a combination of Makehuman’s unstable nightly build (base mesh in T-pose), and Rigify (combination between PitchiPoy and the standard Rigify rig).
Since I haven’t modeled her clothes yet, I thought this would make a good test render for expressiveness.
stc=1
User-contributed assets welcome! I will cite you for your work!
P.S. I would link the blend file, but I can’t post links yet (I’m a new user)

Hi! I figured it was high time for an update, so I’ll show you my progress on Deryn. I’m making her using Manuel Bastioni Lab, and rigging her using BlenRig 5.

What do you think? My goal was to make it just cartoony enough to dodge the uncanny valley. I also rendered the image with only 256 samples, as a test / demo of my de-noise + beauty filter compositing setup :slight_smile:

Also, I would like to get as much help as possible with regards to scene elements for London, 1914. Some aspects might also be edited to accentuate one difference from actual history: This London uses genetically modified pack animals! (See the Leviathan Wiki for some beasties).

Let me know how I can improve!

Attachments

I’ve nearly completed the Huxley! All that’s left is adding the tentacles, rigging it, and adding the materials!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475552[/ATTACH]
Also, I’m done with my hair system!

I’ve nearly completed the Huxley! All that’s left is adding the tentacles, rigging it, and adding the materials!

Also, I’m done with my hair system!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475561[/ATTACH]