How to rig stylized eyes?

Hello Blender Artists,
I’m making a rig of a stylized human, I used Rigify to generate the metarig and bones, and I need a facial rig.
As far I made my shapekeys with expressions and closing eyelids… my problem comes when I want to make the eye rig that follows a bone.
I use IK (I know that with Track to also it can be made) for the eye bone and then I have a bone to lookAt.
My problem is: the eyes are not spherical, they are deformed and they get out from the eye socket. Here I attach some images.
This is the eye bone in rest pose:

Eye, when looking up:

/uploads/default/original/4X/8/e/3/8e3d576c2f6415080fabc46d842e1b6080b9910f.pngstc=1

Eye, lookin at the side:
/uploads/default/original/4X/f/b/5/fb5e3bf4ec13f387b03a1b72e278dedf921298ef.pngstc=1

I tried with a lattice for deformations with no result :/. Any help?

Attachments

Using a lattice is the way to do this, it’s been done many times over. Something isn’t set up right as to why it’s not working for you. Notice how in the first picture, the bone’s tip is right at the pupil of the eye, in the other pics the bone isn’t at the pupil, so the eye mesh isn’t moving correctly.

Please post up the .blend file so someone can take a look at it.

Randy

Thanks Randy, but I just solved the problem. I remade the eye to be more spherical, and it worked.