Is anyone using 3d coat?

Hi

3d coat used to work well before blender plugin in it was disappeared suddenly. (or before I deleted previous version folder)

Now blender can’t read 3d coat export file at all, obj fbx dae anyting. can’t read textures at all either.

I’m not asking how to fix this.
I’m tired of erros and bugs and re-installing. Simply curious if it’s only me struggling with import/export.

It seems that the easiest way of making anything seems to use only one software, and its original plugin, or software from same company, not third party software.
Do people usually use 3d coat and blender without much problems?

Did you try this? http://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15481

Oh thank u! I’ll try that add on, though I feel I should reinstall 3dcoat first anyway.

I recently tested 3d coat 30 days and i had no problems at all getting meshes and textures from 3d coat into Blender. I did not use any plugin just regular export.

are you using 3DC 4.5.36 and Blender 2.77a ?

no problems for my side

I use 3d coat, and there were some basic workflow things to understand, but otherwise no problem. Except I gave up using the linking plugins. They seemed to be more trouble than they were worth for what I’m doing (mostly sending textures back to Blender).

Any opinion on the new version (4.7) from users? Some words about interoperability?

Please check this addon

A customized obj importer for Blender, that creates a Principled BSDF Material. We use it for importing from 3DCoat, but it should work for other applications as well.